Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sweet Molly was only a year and a half old. Yesterday was a normal day like any other. She was acting perfectly normal. Her and our other dog (a cocker spaniel) we’re outside. When I left to go to the grocery store I saw that Molly wasn’t moving. How can she be gone? As far as we knew she was perfectly healthy. She was so young. I keep reading about heart disease but there were no signs and she was so young. I don’t understand how that could be the cause. We think maybe it could have been from a gopher she ate a little while ago, maybe it was poisoned. Not knowing the cause is killing me. I never expected to lose her at a year and a half.... every time I think about it I just start crying. I want her back so badly B0240B43-5541-4855-B64C-DC9A0992FBF5_1570488660947.jpeg B0240B43-5541-4855-B64C-DC9A0992FBF5_1570488660947.jpeg B0240B43-5541-4855-B64C-DC9A0992FBF5_1570488660947.jpeg ...

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I am so sorry. How awful! She was such a pretty little girl. My sister lost a young German Shepherd to a torqued/twisted stomach. It happened so fast, he died on the way to the vet. Again, I am so sorry and sad for you

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your Molly :( . Any time we lose them its devastating but I can't even imagine at 1 1/2. May sweet Molly Rest In Peace and may you find some comfort in your memories of her short life. Hugs

·
Super Moderator
977 Posts
Ugh that is heartbreaking. I am so so sorry that you are going through this, they really do take a piece of us with them when they go...thinking of you.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
So very sorry for your loss. It is always devastating especially in such a young dog.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. To lose her so young for unknown reasons is just devastating. Our thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
678 Posts
??????? Don't know what to say. However, besides being a tragedy it is a very serious matter that you shall inform the breeder, the other sibling's owners and do an autopsy !!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
??????? Don't know what to say. However, besides being a tragedy it is a very serious matter that you shall inform the breeder, the other sibling's owners and do an autopsy !!!!
My husband surprised me with this puppy so I wasn’t able to choose the breeder that she came from. That being said, he chose a typical backyard breeder who does the bare minimum to make a profit. I had contacted her when we first got our puppy to let her know she had a parasite. She acted like it was no big deal at all. I’ve gone back and forth about contacting her because I don’t know what killed my dog for certain since we’ve chosen not to do an autopsy. I wish I could contact all of her siblings but I have no way of finding them....

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl...cling on to memories of her..memories will help you through this difficult time.

·
Super Moderator
2,993 Posts
My deepest condolences.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts