Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Ginger is 3 years old and spayed. We made two grooming mistakes: 1. My husband asked one groomer to go short and she shaved Ginger so that she looked like a yellow lab! 2. I used a fulminator to brush her after numerous baths while her fur was still damp! I've stopped using the Furminator.
The vet does not think Ginger's undercoat was damaged from the shaving but she has fly-away hair around her neck, legs and even back which sticks up and out. I'll attach photos. We have tried 3 different groomers since and although none shave her, the fly-always remain.
Any advice is appreciated! Thank you...
-Kim

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,847 Posts
it does not look like spay coat, just messy fur not lying flat. Do you blow dry her after baths with a pet blower? that would help, but you have to do it systematically, i usually go against the fur fur to force the water out, and then go again to get the fur to lie flat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, Ginger is 3 years old and spayed. We made two grooming mistakes: 1. My husband asked one groomer to go short and she shaved Ginger so that she looked like a yellow lab! 2. I used a fulminator to brush her after numerous baths while her fur was still damp! I've stopped using the Furminator.
The vet does not think Ginger's undercoat was damaged from the shaving but she has fly-away hair around her neck, legs and even back which sticks up and out. I'll attach photos. We have tried 3 different groomers since and although none shave her, the fly-always remain.
Any advice is appreciated! Thank you...
-Kim
Thank you- I do not have a blower but will buy one bc have read how helpful they are. So illl blow against the fur then back in line with the fur..?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts