Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I were talking about Murphy getting big last night, and he said I should come on here and ask everyone how big their full grown golden is. So...how much do your goldens weigh?

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Mine weigh 75 . Selka is overweight at 75.. he needs to be about 70-72. UGH... so hard getting weight off of him! He acts like he is starving all the time.

Gunner is all muscle and no fat. He is bigger boned than Selka also.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Timber weighed in at 72 lbs at 10 months - he looks great!!!
Hopefully, the "festive season" or the "lazy winter" won't put any weight on him - or me!!!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Molson at 10 months is about 65lbs. He hasn't put on much in the last month or 2, but I'm expecting (hoping for just) another 5-10 by the time he's full grown.

My mom's dog was 94lbs at the beginning of the summer (overweight) and was down to 86 by the end of the summer and still has about another 5 to go until he is at his healthy/ideal weight.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Hank is in the low-mid 40s at almost 5 months. I expect he'll be 75-80 lbs. when full grown.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Luck is 83 lbs and overweight (when we got him he was closer to 87...I think?). He really should have had more off him by now. Anyways, we have about 5-7 lbs left to shave off of him I would guess? I know they generally say they should be between 60-75 lbs so he may have more like 8-10 lbs to lose?!?

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Tucker just turned 16 months and he is exactly 70 pounds.

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Using weight as a measure is a bit deceptive, a dog can weight 70 lbs and be overweight, while a taller 70 lb dog could be the right weight or underweight. My Sam was 27" tall at the shoulder and was 103 lbs at his peak weight which was a healthy weight for his frame. When he was near the end of his life and very thin, he still weighed 85 lbs. Ike is 24" at the shoulder and now weighs 75 lbs at nearly 3 years old. I'd been trying to put a little weight on him, as he was too thin for his frame. The Vet says he's a perfect weight for his frame now.

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Houdini is 4 and is 63 pounds, Maggie is also 4 and 68 pounds, Abbie is 3 and is 70 pounds and Cruiser is 2 and 88 pounds

·
Mom to Holly and Rosie
3,174 Posts
Holly is 7 and weighs 75lbs. Rosie is almost 4 and weighs 72lbs. Our vet is pleased with both weights.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Oakly is 3.5 years and is 73 pounds and could stand to loose about three pounds. Caue is 2.5 years and 68 pounds and feels about right to me.

Caue eats probably half again as much food as Oakly but stays trim.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Sierra is 3 years old and 78 lbs (she was 88 lbs when we got her over a year ago).
We were at the vet the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
She(our vet and breeder) is very pleased with Sierra's weight and said that should be a good weight to hold her at.
Karen

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Maggie is 65 lbs and quite tall so looks pretty thin. Littermate sister Penny is a little shorter and bigger boned andis about 73-74 lbs. I am continually trying to get her down to 70.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts