Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stepped on the scale with Obi this morning and he weighed 53lbs! He is just under 5 Months old & is tall and lean.

How big is your baby?

When does their growth start slowing down?

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
Bailey weighed 24.5 pounds at her 4 month visit. Everyone at the vets office keep telling me she is going to be a big girl. I'm not sure why, I don't think she weighs that much for her age.

·
Sophie's Mommy
197 Posts
weight

i've been wondering the same thing...sophie was "underweight" at her first vet visit (8.8lbs at 7 weeks old), tomorrow will be her third visit and on my home scale she's like 16 lbs...i'm wondering if that was too much weight too quick or if that's just how it goes. i guess we'll see tomorrow!! can't wait til the vet gives her clearance next week to go out into the world!!!

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
i've been wondering the same thing...sophie was "underweight" at her first vet visit (8.8lbs at 7 weeks old), tomorrow will be her third visit and on my home scale she's like 16 lbs...i'm wondering if that was too much weight too quick or if that's just how it goes. i guess we'll see tomorrow!! can't wait til the vet gives her clearance next week to go out into the world!!!
Bailey was 7 pounds at 8 weeks and they keep telling me she is going to be a big girl.LOL

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Timber weighed in at 70lbs at 7 months.
Thankfully he's slowed down with his weight gain!!!

I'm thinking that at the age OBI is, he must be starting the long leg, lanky stage.
That's my favourite stage!!!!! I love that look, all legs :)
Timber has never had that stage :(
As he grew up he grew out.
He doesn't look much like a puppy now. Now he just looks like an big boy!!!

Attachments

·
est.1989
4,374 Posts

I'm thinking that at the age OBI is, he must be starting the long leg, lanky stage.
TIMBER IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Timber is GORGEOUS! Look at that coat!!! :love::love:

Yep, you're right...he is all legs right now, although his body does appear to be getting longer.

He was 17lbs at 8wks.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I know some people don't like that stage but I love it!!!
Any recent pics of OBI???
We would love to see them :)

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
What a sweetheart!!!!
I love the first pic - with a face like that, how could you not fall in love :)
And a true retriever - "Look what I've got!!!"

·
i lub alda mi prens
1,083 Posts
omg my boy is going to be a monster. He was almost 40 pounds at 4 months. Hmmmm....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Great post idea. I've been wondering about the weight ranges for golden puppies too. Everyone keeps telling me Harvey's going to be real big but I think he's pretty average. Although I fostered danes and mastiffs right before I got him so I think all goldens seem petite to me :)

Harvey will be 6 months on the September 13th and he weighed in at 49 lbs this past Friday. I think his growth rate might be slowing down a little bit though. I'm so curious to see what he'll look like in a few months. Although, I am loving this puppy stage :)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.