Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Old Guy
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about starting a thread discussing the use of a 'ChuckIt! Jr.' and another one on the best flying disc I've ever used, the 'Glider'... and another on bicycling with your Golden (using K-9 Cruiser, or Springer, or free-styling it)... and another on 'how much and what kinds of exercise do you do with your goldie'... and another on 'all the fun to be had with just a big vinyl ball"... and so on and so on but which category should I post topics such as these in? The closest might be either "Chit-Chat" or "What did you DO???"... then I got to thinking, maybe this forum is 'missing' a category... something along the lines of 'Having Fun With Your Golden' or maybe 'Exercising Your Golden' or 'What does your dog do for fun?'. What do the rest of you think about this???

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Select one of the names and add the description to it, same as all other forum have and I will add it right away. Great idea I think :)
Altough, there is one forum called "what did you do" which would be along the lines with what you just mentioned...
let me know
joe

·
Old Guy
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that was sure fast!

Great Joe, but I don't want to be the only one who sees the significance/need for this new category... if just 3 or 4 other members chime in, I will then pick a title, add a description and beg you to include it in the line-up...

Again, thanks for being so responsive/receptive to these things...

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
No problem. Just let me know then. PM me or write it here.
Joe

·
Registered
149 Posts
Absolutely! I always need ideas since my boy is new to us. All we do so far is throwing the tennis ball, which he LOVES but there must be more to do! Also, at the vet yesterday she suggested some toys that could make him less bored while I'm at work. I'd love a topic like that so I can learn about toys from people who've tried them already.

It should be mandatory for everyone who buys a new toy to post about it and rate it so we don't all waste money on the same crappy toy! :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Skenney said:
It should be mandatory for everyone who buys a new toy to post about it and rate it so we don't all waste money on the same crappy toy! :)
I like this one!!! I could have bought another Golden for the money I've wasted on dog-proof toys. Those are the ones they won't play with!!!

How about calling it "FUN WITH FIDO" :lol:

·
Old Guy
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think we just might have a new category here...

OK, that makes 4... (actually 5 if you include me)

mojosmum, I did think about a "Fun For Fido Forum" but that's just a little too hard to say ;)

So Joe, how about "Fun Things for Your Golden" as the category's title and a description to read... "Simply a place to discuss all the fun things you do with your Golden: exercise, toys, games, etc. "

As soon as you create this new category, I will try to fill it with threads... I'm just bursting...

·
Old Guy
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
mojosmum said:
Hey Monomer - Can't sleep?Weather too hot? That's the reason I'm up.:yuck:
Naw, we've got central air here... besides a cool front just came through a few hours earlier... probably hasn't reached you yet. No, I'm just a night owl... always have been. My wife and I are about 3 hours apart in our sleeping patterns... I guess that's why she usually gives Sidney the morning walk and I take him out for his evening runs. Have you tried a glass of warm milk?

EDIT: hey here's a thought... maybe I'm really an Aussie and I was born to the wrong parents. Then it would be perfectly normal for me to up at this hour.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Ok guys, I just added it. It's the 6th forum from the top now.
Go crazy posting :)
Joe

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know the forum has already been created, but for what it's worth, I think it's a great idea. I like reading about how others entertain their babies!

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Thanks, and if you guys ever come up with anything which could improve the functionality and user experience, please don't forget to let me know.
Joe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts