Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to sort out the show schedule for the first 3 months of 2010...between juggling handlers, deciding when to show in obedience and when to show in breed, it's become quite a project.
I think I've finalized the list of shows and handlers for each show.
Now I need recommendations for good places to stay for each of the following shows:
Oshkosh, WI (winnebago county fairgrounds)
Indianapolis, IN (indiana state fairgrounds)
Louisville, KY (Ky fair and exposition center)
Detroit, MI (Cobo convention center)
While price is certainly important, a good neighborhood and proximity to the show site are the most important as the weather is likely to be really lousy (cold and snowy).
Appreciate any suggestions!

·
16,000 Posts
I'm trying to sort out the show schedule for the first 3 months of 2010...between juggling handlers, deciding when to show in obedience and when to show in breed, it's become quite a project.
I think I've finalized the list of shows and handlers for each show.
Now I need recommendations for good places to stay for each of the following shows:
Oshkosh, WI (winnebago county fairgrounds)
Indianapolis, IN (indiana state fairgrounds)
Louisville, KY (Ky fair and exposition center)
Detroit, MI (Cobo convention center)
While price is certainly important, a good neighborhood and proximity to the show site are the most important as the weather is likely to be really lousy (cold and snowy).
Appreciate any suggestions!
We always try to stay at Hampton Inns. For the Cobo shows, we usually stay either at the Ponchartrain, OR, in the Royal Oak/Clawson area and NOT Detroit proper. It's about a 20 minute max drive to Cobo from there on I-75

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you wouldn't happen to be going to those shows would you???

We always try to stay at Hampton Inns. For the Cobo shows, we usually stay either at the Ponchartrain, OR, in the Royal Oak/Clawson area and NOT Detroit proper. It's about a 20 minute max drive to Cobo from there on I-75

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Best Westerns have been my choice lately. They're relatively inexpensive, don't make you pay extra for pets and are clean. That said, I haven't been to any of those cities so I couldn't give you any specifics...hope that helps even a little! Good luck at the shows!! :)

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, I appreciate the suggestions!

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
If you come to Detroit you can stay at MY house!!!! I am about 20 minutes from Cobo. It's cheaper. Not a hard drive in either.

When we went to Lab National, we stayed at a Baymont, it was a nice hotel, and pet friendly. They did say they would charge a dog fee, but they did not. Don't know if there are any of those in the areas where you are looking.

Seriously consider staying at my house if you come to Detroit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts