Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning! Lexie turned one year old yesterday and made it memorable with her first and hopefully last, hot spot. My Foster Guru, Mare, has let me in on the secret of Gold Bond Powder. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Make sure you clip the hair around the hotspot and dry it very well then apply the goldbond thickly. Make sure to keep an eye on it so it doesnt get any bigger. Beau had one that grew overnight from the size of a half dollar to the size of a baseball. I ended up having to take him to the vet because it just keeped getting worse even with the goldbond.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Yes, I clean them with hydrogen peroxide first, then the Gold Bond. Heals faster than what the vet gives.

·
Mom to Holly and Rosie
3,174 Posts
Went out and purchased some Gold Bond yesterday. Holly has a hotspot:(.....along with an ear infection. Our vet is dropping off some Otomax this afternoon. I never knew about Gold Bond until I joined this forum.

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

When Samson had his hot spots, we used peroxide and gold bond powder....and did our best to keep him from licking the area...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts