Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
You're welcome. I hope the event is a success. For what it may be worth, I think you'll find most pros will require some things of anyone hosting a quality seminar, including the items mentioned; birds, guns, holding blinds, et al. It's much like hosting a hunt test or field trial. Grounds and equipment are largely the responsibility of the host.

What most pros who do seminars usually provide are handouts, and bring demonstration dogs, personal training equipment, sometimes a white board & markers to diagram drills, maybe orange flags to flag out their chosen drills in preferred locations on the grounds. I bring books & DVDs for those who desire to purchase them at the event. We do book signings each afternoon during Q&A.

I admire you for taking this on. I think you will be glad you did, even though putting on any event of this type is a lot of work.

EvanG
Evan... the trainer is asking her to use her property... I think that is different than a "club" hosting and inviting a speaker. I agree with you completely but this person knows Barb, and wants to use her property, due to the location. So for him it would be "BYOB".... bring your own birds. LOL

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
If you decide to go with it, do you need any help the day of it? The only concern I would have if I was boarding one of my dogs there is the gunfire, if Tess was there she would really freak out because of the noise. Like I said, if you need help in the planning/execution of it, just let me know. I would lend you a hand.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Evan... the trainer is asking her to use her property... I think that is different than a "club" hosting and inviting a speaker. I agree with you completely but this person knows Barb, and wants to use her property, due to the location. So for him it would be "BYOB".... bring your own birds. LOL
If that's the case, BYOB it is!!! I hope it's a good one! (seminar, that is)

EvanG

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
yeAwesome, thanks!!!!

I may need a copy of one, if someone has one....
Email me. I can send you the one I use if you'd like. Stephanie (at) sbcglobal (dot) net.

·
Registered
20,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks! This is going to be his show, he will be bringing his helpers along, so I really don't plan to do anything at all.
My Tiny is terribly gun phobic, too, so we'd make sure it's at the farthest end of the property if there is any at all. I sort of doubt there will be, as I suspect this will be a VERY beginning seminar for people who have no field experience at all and I can't imagine him exposing those dogs to guns.

If you decide to go with it, do you need any help the day of it? The only concern I would have if I was boarding one of my dogs there is the gunfire, if Tess was there she would really freak out because of the noise. Like I said, if you need help in the planning/execution of it, just let me know. I would lend you a hand.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Thanks! This is going to be his show, he will be bringing his helpers along, so I really don't plan to do anything at all.
Even so, I think you're doing a lot for the pro and for all those who attend. Even just covering the insurance aspect, and opening up your property is very generous of you. I hope it turns out well, and leads to more of the same.

EvanG

·
Registered
20,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
<blushing> awww thanks

Even so, I think you're doing a lot for the pro and for all those who attend. Even just covering the insurance aspect, and opening up your property is very generous of you. I hope it turns out well, and leads to more of the same.

EvanG

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Will it be on any ground that you have farmed and planted or will it be on vacant land?

·
Registered
20,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It's likely to be in the weed, errr, alfalfa/hay field (have you seen the new field that they planted? SHEEEESH). People tramping around on it can only improve it.

Will it be on any ground that you have farmed and planted or will it be on vacant land?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
It's likely to be in the weed, errr, alfalfa/hay field (have you seen the new field that they planted? SHEEEESH). People tramping around on it can only improve it.
the tramping around shouldn't hurt the alfalfa field, parking wouldn't be good though, especially if the field is just coming up. parking could be on the edge of the field, won't hurt anything there.

·
the party's crashing us
4,172 Posts
The part of the property he'd be using you wouldn't have to drive on. Easy to walk it.
I just have to be sure no one sees where my "wild asparagus" patch is ;)
Geeze is that code for marijuana? HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
20,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
20,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
did you know that since hops and marijuana are of the same family you can graft hops tops onto marijuana roots? (or so I"ve been told....)

Geeze is that code for marijuana? HAHAHAHA

·
the party's crashing us
4,172 Posts
21 - 35 of 35 Posts