Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Hope you know what I mean!?

1K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  kobusclan6 
#1 ·
I have ALWAYS hated dog hair! Probably just another reason why I always had Chihuahuas. Chi's shed too...but not as bad! Anyway...my point was.... Cadence sheds like the dickens..but I don't care! I just vaccum more and use the hair collector brush....and go on about my business! LOL... Its like nothing she does can become an issue with me! :D
I use the HATE the smell of a dog after being outside... (another reason I had chihuahuas!...easy to bath in 5 minutes) but with Cadence.... I love her so much....it just isn't an issue! I think (to be honest) that this dog has reached a place in my heart, that no other dog ever has! Not that I didn't love my dogs...but that this time its different! IT MUST BE THAT "GOLDEN THING" ~ LMAO ~ :heartbeat What is it about them that makes them soooooooo ....???????????? I don't know! ;)

#3 ·
:) I glad at least one person knows what I am trying to say!! LMAO!
I have always been the "chihuahua lady" .... the one that spoiled her chi's like kids! However, I think with Cadence....its the fact that.... I guess I feel like I more back from her! She is beyond happy to be with me ALL DAY LONG! She isn't grouchy (like my chi's often were!) toward others....Cadence loves everyone!! :D I think she makes pet ownership more of a joy then a chore! I think that is what it is!! :D I guess I can not only "feel" her love...but I see it too! She is a happy girl! LOL

ok...now that I sound like a frosted flake! LOL.... I will go now! lmao

#4 ·
I have always been a nut about my car staying clean. You should see it now. Towels, sand, dog toys...OY! She jumped up against the door today and put it a little scratch on it. Don't care. :D
Lilikoi Rose can do no wrong.

#5 ·
Brooks is really my first dog (as an adult, tho my family had dogs when I was a kid) so I can't really compare him to any other type of dog.
But I understand completely what you mean. He tracks in dirt and sheds buckets of fur, so what, I sweep up more. I bought a new car, and the interior color was chosen, and leather seats were ordered with him in mind.

#6 ·
Sounds like perfect golden reasoning to me. My car has been named Furby by my adult children and the house isn't much better. I do vacuum and use the furminator (every golden family should have one IMO), but otherwise... what will be, will be. I'd much rather be with the crew than have a spotless house, car, or black slacks.

#7 ·
I know what you mean. I used to be so picky about my car and stuff being clean, and now Loki gets dirt and slobber all over the place (he loves to slobber his toys then rub them on me). I hated the outside dog smell 2, but when he comes in after running around outside, I love when he plops on my lap for me to pet him. I'm even getting used to toys being buried in my bed hahaha

#8 ·
I know exactly what you mean.

My very least favorite household chore is cleaning the floors. Whether it's sweeping, vacuuming, or mopping... I hate doing the floors. So of course, I got a golden retriever! And now I have to vaccum every other day and I'm constantly washing the floors. And I don't mind at ALL! Rookie is worth every second of work.

#9 ·
Awwwhhh! Thanks everyone!! So you guys do understand what I mean!!! LOL
You all have the "fever" too!! :D I was starting to think I couldn't explain myself correctly! LOL Yeah...I have a brand new Honda Odessey and it had to get vaccumed today....but I love taking Cadence with me...so I don't mind! I will have twice the hair soon...when I get GOLDEN #2. LOL :D

#13 ·
Dog Hair

Dog Hair has never bothered me.
I not only LOVE FURRY DOGS, BUT YOU could say I'm obsessed with them.
We have light carpetting in the house, almost white, so you can't see the fur as much.
Smooch and Snobear ride in Mom's Car, (My Corolla) because it has cloth seats, not leather like Hubby Ken's. At least 80% of the time I drive my car to work at a Corporate office with dog fur abounding. I don't care!
I wear Black and Dark Colors, but not as often as I wear lighter colors. Isn't it wonderful how jeans don't show the dog fur!!

As Kim, said, MY DOGS ARE MORE IMPORTANT TO ME, and there's nothing like snuggling with a big ball of fur!!!!!

HERE ARE MY LITTLE FUR MUFFINS: SMOOCH (GOLDEN RETRIEVER) AND SNOBEAR (SAMOYED)

Attachments

#14 ·
Ginger sheds a bunch too. I have several of those sticky rollers in the house and one in the car. I have to "roll" my clothes every time I get out of the car!!! My friends don't like to ride in my car because of the dog hair....saves gas!!! I feel like I vacuum up at least a puppy every other day. Before Ginger, I had Yorkshire Terriers. They didn't shed but required a lot of grooming and did more damage to my house than Ginger has.......so far!!!! We celebrated Ginger's first birthday on February 16. She is a good girl.

#15 ·
Right there with you on that one. I used to hate dog hair too. But it would be like not having children because I didn't want to wash their clothes!

We vaccum when the dog hair gets so bad it rolls around into dust 'puppies'. We decided last week that we only vaccum when it gets really bad and that if we didn't have a dog, we might never vaccum at all! :doh:

#16 ·
I know what ya mean!!

Oooooh do I know what you are talking about!!! My parents, twin sister, and brother all have dogs and I grew up always having a German Shepherd at my parents house. For some reason....I have just never ever wanted a dog. After my husband and I found out that he won't be deploying until later this year he really wanted to get a dog. I finally gave in but only because I wouldn't be so lonely when he was deployed.
I have to say....for NEVER wanting my own dog....I LOVE my Zoe!! I am so glad that I finally gave in! I can already tell that she is going to be my bestest friend while my husband is away!
When my sister was training her dog (a lil yorkie) it was a complete disaster and even after 1 yrs old she is still a crazy dog! I think that is what really made me not want my own dog. I guess I just never wanted to have that responsibility...but man oh man I am so glad we have our lil Zoe!!
Sorry for the rambling....lol

-Janell-

#17 ·
I definately know what you mean. I could never understand why people would let their pets on their furniture, now i get upset if Marley doesn't come in the bed beside me! I have black marble floors and work tops in my kitchen, they constantly have hair on them after about 2 minutes of cleaning, now I just think ~ who cares, it'll clean off! I used to always think dog hair in the kitchen was sooooo gross!!

#18 ·
I feel guilty saying this having had dogs my whole life and loving them. But I almost feel like I didn't have a dog before Zip.

He goes to work with me so I basically see him all day every day. I still look forward to his walks and our time together. Sort of like my children. Even when I am tired, I can't be too tired for them. People who know me and my dog probably do think I'm a little nuts. If you had told me a few years ago I would potentially risk my job to keep taking my dog with me, I would not have believed it. Now, I can't believe more people don't take their dogs with them.
It could be a golden thing too. Their looks and personality are so perfectly matched - better than probably any other living thing.

#19 ·
i find my 2 golden retrievers shed less hair then my chihuahua. I see more chihuahua hair laying around everywhere more then my goldens hair. The only time i see my goldens hair flying around is when the seasons changes eg to summer to winter, or winter to summer. Most of the dead hair is mainly brushed out, The hair flying around is the top coat. The undercoat requires brushing to remove.

The only thing i don't like about goldens is there love for kids, I wouldn't mind a dog that tolerates kids but isn't all for them like goldens.

#22 ·
Phiddler....I personally....understand what you mean when you say .......
I feel guilty saying this having had dogs my whole life and loving them. But I almost feel like I didn't have a dog before Zip.
......it truely seems sad to say that...and its not like I didn't love my dogs before...but this love seems "special"...:) I got it!! ;)

Goldenowner12.... hmmmm...I guess that is where we would disagree! ;)
I think my biggest love of goldens...is how wonderful they are with kids and how they seem to "know" they are "kids!" Exspecially with my youngest who is only 2 and a half!

Ilovemydogs.....I love my Cadence....but dog hair in my food is a NO GO!! LMAO!! My brother in law has the same sign!! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.