Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any rug hookers on the forum?
Have you created Goldens? Would love to see them...

·
GR lover
521 Posts
Haha..I just have to say that I'm glad your post wasn't what I was thinking. Did we go from a GRF site to another type of site???

Sorry I'm not a 'hooker'. Don't have the talent for it.

:D

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A dear friend of mine is a fiber artist...her rugs are gorgeous! She sells them in fine art galleries. But I cant afford to commission her for a piece! LOL!!!
So thinking of trying to learn for myself! :)

·
GR lover
521 Posts
A dear friend of mine is a fiber artist...her rugs are gorgeous! She sells them in fine art galleries. But I cant afford to commission her for a piece! LOL!!!
So thinking of trying to learn for myself! :)
Maybe you can barter with her. If it was me and a friend of mine couldn't afford something I had, I would barter with her. I'm sure there is something that you can do for her in exchange.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Her non-commissioned pieces average 1500.00...
What I might be able to do is barter with her for lessons! ;-) <thanks!>

Maybe you can barter with her. If it was me and a friend of mine couldn't afford something I had, I would barter with her. I'm sure there is something that you can do for her in exchange.

Reactions: AlanK

·
Yuki's mom...Syd
687 Posts
i dont know about rug hooking but i do knit. after Yuki has grown, and starts shedding i plan to save his fur and make a small mitt or something out of it. :D

:doh: spinning the yarn is gonna be hardwork. i just want to keep a part of him with me forever.

sorry i spoke out of topic :D

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Titled it just for you! LOLOLOL!!!
Well out of curiosity I had to look at this thread:curtain: I should know better however I did not think it was about rugs!;)

Reactions: AlanK

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a Christmas tree ornament made of Great Pyrenees fur! They are beautiful! Go for it!!
i dont know about rug hooking but i do knit. after Yuki has grown, and starts shedding i plan to save his fur and make a small mitt or something out of it. :D

:doh: spinning the yarn is gonna be hardwork.

Reactions: Yuki

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Well Mary you had my FULL attention for a few seconds there. ;)

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OMGoodness!! Didnt think of GoogleAd repercussions!! hahahahhaah!!

Mine too! Now I'm afraid of what Google ads are going to display on here:confused::eek:....the puppy mill thread brought the puppy mill ad back.

Reactions: Dallas Gold

·
Kate
21,690 Posts
Heehee<:

I'm heading out the door to dog class but had to snoop when I saw this.... :)

I haven't hooked any rugs in a long time (I was a LOT more crafty when I was a teenager), but I've always wanted to try my hand at doing an original (from scratch) pic but with hooked rugs. If you stitch or sketch, I don't think it would be that much different. Right? I think I would do the outlines first and fill in between.

I used to come up with pic designs with knitting quilts. One quilt I did had everything that "meant" something to me when I was a teenager. Like each big square was a pic - so a Red Wings logo design, goldens, birds, dragonflies, butterflies... cats....other stuff. I gave it to my mom and have NO IDEA where she's storing it. :)

*** I love the style of rugs on this site<;

http://www.horseandhound.com/d/380/dog-rugs-mats.htm

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,722 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts