Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3 goldens
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor little girl. I put her chicken stew on to cook yesterday afternoon and the house does smell wonderful (chicken, sweet potatoes, apples, spinahe all cooking together). Well, this morning I put her 3/4 cup of Taste of the Wild kibble in her pan and she looked at it, then at me, then back to it and then back to me. She could certainly smell that stew and I know she was wondering why none of it was in her food.

She always just gets the dry for breakfast and then the 3/4 cup dry with 1/2 cup of the stew or fish (3 days out of 8) BUT the thing is, once I cook it, I do it up into containers for 5 days and freeze all but one. Each day I heat up that 1/2 cup and add it to her supper. SO except for cook dayk the only time she smells it is when I heat it for her supper. Guess she thinks any time she can smell it she must be going to get it. Poor girl.

·
New Mommy
6,139 Posts
Maybe she can lick the bowl next time ????

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Poor Honey!!! I bet she will forget that time the minute the stew gets put in her bowl.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
I think that any time her nose smells the stew she SHOULD get to taste it!! It's not her fault you decided to make the stew in the morning ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts