Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honey gets breakfast every monring as soon as we get up, and the time does vary. However, supper is always at 6:00. If we do not have her food ready by a few monutes after 6:00 she lets us know--she rubs on us, talks to us (she can more different sounds than any other dog I have eve had, includeing what sounds like someone gargling).

well, we went on day light savings time and her body hasn't figured it out and now she starts that rubbing and talking around 5:00. She is like us old folks--wishes time would stay the same all year round, real time, none of that phoney day light savings time! lol

Reactions: Karen519

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Oh my goodness, Angelina let me have it last night because she thought I was an hour late coming home! She barked and barked from the moment I left my car to letting her in the house, then ran around the house barking! She was really giving it to me.

I wonder what she will do tonight? I really got a golden retriever tongue lashing! Silly girl!

Reactions: Karen519

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
3Goldens

3Goldens

I can see why Honey is confused!!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Mine are like that in the morning. Night time not so much as they eat at different times depending at which time Tim gets off work. Tell Honey just when she gets used to the new time it will change again.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My guys are really screwed up...they woke me up at 4:30am with their "Good morning! Food now, please!" dances. Normal wake-up time is 6:15am...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
All of our goldens have been on "free feed". The bowl is always full and they have eaten when they want to. You would think that they were overweight; but oddly, they only eat when they need to. Nugget is only 63 lbs. and he is happy and active.

They eat when they are hungry regardless of the time of day.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Wakefield is driving me nuts in the morning. I hope he adjusts soon! This am I took the down comforter and retreated to the living room.

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I am glad to know Honey is not the only onewhocan't tell time by looking at a clock! LOL. I am glad we have no set time for breakfast so she doesn't fuss about that, just her 6:00 supper.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Ha ha - gets mine the same, so I usually feed them half our earlier (although it's half our later to them) for a couple of days and then they seem to adjust.

They are both happier though in the spring when the clocks go forward

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,605 Posts
My two have not adjusted to the time change either-they act like they're starving and let me know it's time to eat and they are also wanting to go to bed an hour earlier now.
My Roxy is more vocal than Remy and basically the instigator in everything, Remy more or less follows along. They tag team you, it's actually pretty funny.

It normally takes them a few weeks to get adjusted.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Hank is more particular that dinner be served on time than breakfast so he's been reminding me an hour early. He sits and stares at me until I say "are you hungry?" then runs to his bowl.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts