Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honey has just been admitted to the vets for xrays and possible op for the removal of chewed up golf ball, I feel sick how on earth did a golf ball get in my garden, please keep :crossfing that all goes well.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found her eating it, she was fine in herself but thought best to phone the vet and they said to take her down. I took what was left with me to the vet, the pieces are very sharp,

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Honey

Honey will be fine. Thank Heavens she's at the vet-I'm praying for her and you!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The vet just called they can see pieces in her stomach which look sharp so they are not happy letting them pass through, so are going to sedate her completely (she had light sedation for the xrays) and see if they can get them out using an endoscope and bring them out through her mouth they will call back and let me know if that is successful. I know she will be fine but it doesn't stop me worrying and as usual when something happens Garry is out of the country and haven't been able to contact him.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Oh, please keep us posted! Endoscopy would be much better than surgery!
Was Honey trying to give you her opinion on Tiger Woods ? (Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Sending a hug for you both, hope you can reach Garry soon, too

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Oh no!! I've heard of dogs swallowing golf balls but never chewing them first ... I bet they are sharp. Aren't they made of like fiberglass or something?

Oh you poor dear, I'll be waiting for news.

Maribeth -- hahahaha! Yes, that's it ... send the bill to Tiger! :p:

Seriously, I hope Honey is okay!!

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Oh Tracey poor Honey i hope all goes well keep us posted

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My son made the Tiger Woods reference when I called him he said something about that was one hell of a swing I didn't get it at first:doh:

The inner ball looks like a very dense composite I couldn't believe that she could have broken pieces off and the outer is plastic I assume.
Honey will be staying in overnight neither Jade or I are happy with this Jade is wandering round looking for her little tormentor. :confused:

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Sending positive vibes your way.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The inside is a solid ball they used to be made of rubber bands but now they are a solid composite material but how did one get in my garden unless a bird dropped it nearest golf course is 5 miles away.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a church next door on one side and an 85 year old lady on the other and over the back fence is a about a 30foot high mound of soil no way could it have been hit here never found one before.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts