Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
RIP Sweet Skyler
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the year 2009 Homeward Bound:

Rescued a total of 850 dogs breaking the record set in 2008 of 810.

581 of those rescued were transported constituting 180 transports.

Our new Vet clinic at the Sanctuary was opened and is now in full use.

And 2010 will be an exciting new year with lots of things planned.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
WOW Steve. That is mind boggling. Bless you for all you do.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Bless Homeward Bound for all the goldens saved. Unfortunately we hit a record too in the number of goldens this past year, I think the number was 102. That makes almost 1000 goldens between two rescues. I wonder how many with all the other rescues.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Those numbers are mind boggling--that many goldens needing rescue in your area of the country alone. It's good to know your rescue helped so many deserving goldens and, in addition, changed the lives of many people who brought these precious souls into their hearts and lives.

Homeward Bound should write a book on running a successful rescue operation. You could designate all proceeds to go back to the rescue. I know there are some volunteers in other rescues around the world that would devour every page and possibly help their own organizations be more successful in helping the dogs.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Those numbers are mind boggling--that many goldens needing rescue in your area of the country alone. It's good to know your rescue helped so many deserving goldens and, in addition, changed the lives of many people who brought these precious souls into their hearts and lives.

Homeward Bound should write a book on running a successful rescue operation. You could designate all proceeds to go back to the rescue. I know there are some volunteers in other rescues around the world that would devour every page and possibly help their own organizations be more successful in helping the dogs.

Great idea Anne.

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
Congratulations to Homeward Bound. I'm sorry the number of goldens needing rescue seems to increase every year, but thank God for HBGRR, its many volunteers, and everyone involved in rescue throughout the country. You truly do make a huge difference to so many animals, and to the people who love them. And Tia thanks you, too.

·
RIP Sweet Skyler
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm happy to report that yesterday we had our first Board Meeting of 2010 and there were actually 4 empty kennels in the kennel area. Can't remember the last time that happened.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts