Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a letter from HomeAgain asking me to renew the subscription. I was perplexed, and after reading it all it did say in tiny footnote that his microchip information was available forever. They wanted $16.99 for proactive search, meaning if Jaro was lost they would send vets and shelters info; and that I would have access to 24/7 emergency vet by phone. Well, if I had that vet phone service before I don't remember them telling me about it. And they didn't give me a number or anything to call. Anyone paid them this yearly fee?

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Yes, it is a yearly fee and you do have to renew every year.

I have homeagain and I just signed up not too long ago with Beamer.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Like you said, the annual fee is for the "extras" you mentioned. The original registration of the chip is for the lifetime of the animal. We have Home Again and only did the original registration. We do have their chip checked at their annual exams to make sure it hasn't migrated.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I've been doing the yearly fee for a few years. There are some benefits to doing so. The most important is to remind me to keep the info up to date and to keep current photos on file. I agree it is a pretty sneaky way they go about getting you to sign up. I'm glad they got me to go to the website and check because there was some contact info that was not entered correctly and I was able to straighten things out.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Dexter has a HomeAgain chip, and other than the fee for chip implant and registration, I've never paid anything. I've updated his information twice over the past six years, too, with no fee.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I guess I was under the impression that you had to renew every year (by what I read anyway). I am glad that this is not the case, then.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
That's correct. You do NOT have to pay every year. The yearly fee is only for the extras. And you can sign back up for the extras (and they take effect immediately) if your dog were ever lost.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
That's correct. You do NOT have to pay every year. The yearly fee is only for the extras. And you can sign back up for the extras (and they take effect immediately) if your dog were ever lost.
ditto

I have the basic HomeAgain service for Hank and pay no yearly fee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts