Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl started to vomit today. She has vomited 3 times today but she doed not look sick, just a bit less active. I am not sure if it is a good idea to feed her the regular kibbles, it might be to heavy for her right now, does anyone have any suggestion of what I can feed her?

·
Kate
21,679 Posts
Do not feed her today. No kibble or treats.

Let her be until tomorrow morning. Watch her. If she can't keep water down, you need to take her to the vet.

Tomorrow morning - make enough hamburger and rice for three meals. You will have to feed her 1/2 cup in the morning. See if she keeps it down. Feed her 1 cup a few hours later if no vomiting. And then another meal in the evening.

You can mix kibble back in her food in the evening if everything seems fine, or you can wait until the following morning.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much, the information is precious and my dog looks and behaves normal this morning. One question on preparing blended hamburger and rice... it is blending boiled hamburger and cooked rice, right? Sorry for the dumb question, it's my first dog...

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,670 Posts
Thank you so much, the information is precious and my dog looks and behaves normal this morning. One question on preparing blended hamburger and rice... it is blending boiled hamburger and cooked rice, right? Sorry for the dumb question, it's my first dog...
No question is dumb, they don't come with instructions...........

Make sure you drain the hamburger very well to get all the grease/fat off before mxing it with the rice.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Correct - boil the hamburger (ground beef) drain off the water that you cooked it in. Mix with cooked rice.

Reactions: uat1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts