Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After our disappointing weekend of blowing two 198.5s and a 198 due to groups, I was all set to pull Quiz from showing in obedience this weekend. Then I decided to do a little experiment and see if a home court advantage might help as the trial was held at our local park and by our home club.

He was great! He totally held his groups with very little sniffing! We won first place with a 196.5 in a large Open A class of 22 dogs!!!! Two open legs down, one to go!

I think it helped that it was a familiar place, but mostly helped b/c he was able to look around and see people he knew. That's my theory anyway.

My plan is still to lay off showing for the next 4 months or so and really work on his Utility skills while beefing up his OOS groups... but I'm thrilled at how well he did today. He was also High Scoring Open A Dog, High Scoring Golden and High Scoring Sporting Group!

G'boy, Quiz!!!!

·
the party's crashing us
4,307 Posts
Cool! Congrats! And -- whew! :)
Good job!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Congradulations!! Awesome job!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Congrats! Were you totally a nervous wreck during stays? I know I am!

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats! Were you totally a nervous wreck during stays? I know I am!
You know what, I was actually really calm! I think it was b/c so many other people with me behind the blind were freaking out! I was like, "DUDE -- y'all have to CHILL OUT!!!"

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Way to go Quiz-Man! Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Yay Quiz! He just wants all his peeps to be able to see when he does a good job ...

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
yahooo, way to go! And talk about getting that second leg in STYLE besides!

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
Woo-hooo ! Congratulations on a hard won, well deserved Q :)

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Way to go Quiz!!!

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Way to go Quiz and Stephanie! Great score and all the winnings to go with it. I am sure you will have him ready to show again in no time!

·
2,309 Posts
Way to go Quiz!!! Congratulations!!
I agree being on home turf surrounded by his peeps did the trick. What a great way to wrap up the year!

Were were there both days and except for the cold had a blast; we got 2 RAE legs.
Your club put on a great trial, I think you should do 2 a year! :--big_grin:

·
OTCH Wannabes!
3,088 Posts
Good job Quiz!!! Are there any pics or videos you can share with us? Love to see some with him and the ribbons! :)

May I suggest you reading "Remembering To Breathe" by Willard Bailey..it may help you out.

I might add that (not to brag!) I am never nervous during sit/stays out of sight..I know my dog knows what a REAL sit means...and I am confident with her. :)

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Way to go Quiz!!!! What a Gooood boyyy!! :nchuck:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts