Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holly is doing quite nicely adjusting to her new home - doing very well on the house training and taking to her crate better than nights past.

Had her first visit with our vet (a golden retriever owner and big fan of the breed) and loved the experience - she actually met the doctor's 80 pound, five year old male and they had a great time. Finally had a bit of a run-in with our eight year old tabby cat but nothing serious - they are both still figuring each other out. Tried to get a photo or two of them close together but it didn't work out.

Here are a few more photos taken yesterday and today - more to come!

She loves her duck - I need to remind her that she is a retriever, not a shredder!

The thought balloon over this one could have been "Do you think these paws made my head look too small?"

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I totally love the look on her face in the last photo. She so adorable and cuddly.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about an update?!?!? How did Holly enjoy her holidays? Is she looking forward to New Years' Eve? My puppy wait is down to one week tomorrow and I need a puppy fix!
Haven't had much time to spend on the forum lately - Holly is a handful. Housebreaking is going well but still have an infrequent accident (once a day she might pee on the floor in her assigned space) - we are trying doggie pee pads in one spot so that if I don't get her out soon enough at least she will hit an appropriate target. Works okay but she has a developed a habit of shredding the pad she hasn't yet soiled. So we have to encourage her to use the pad if necessary but not as a chew toy. :doh:

Had a crowd over yesterday, including our four year old and five month old granddaughters - no problems with Holly interaction with anyone (of course she is teething so the "mouthing" issue was explained to all so appropriate chew toys were available to substitute for fingers and toes that Holly found quite attractive.

Crate training is not going as well as expected - we are doing all of the suggested activities but she doesn't yet feel that the crate is her "happy place." I think she is smart enough to eventually get the picture but for now about an hour or so in there with the door closed and a frozen Kong is about it. Maybe soon...:crossfing

Here is one of my favorite recent photos:

Well, have to go now and feed her breakfast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts