Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Valerie
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on making peppermint bark and putting it into decorative mason jars. I have never made this before and am wanting give it as gifts. What I'm wondering is, how long will it last if I make it in advance? Also, hubby and I will be traveling to Ohio (from NC) with the bark. Do you think it will hold up ok?

Attachments

·
Remy's Mom!
1,797 Posts
I don't have any advice or tips... Just wanted to say that that's a really cute idea! My mom always made little gifts like that for my dad's coworkers... They loved the treats and especially that my mom had taken the time to make them herself!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
To my knowlegde almond bark holds up well and last quite awhile. I would say that you could make them up now and not have any troubles with it. I wanted to add that this is a super cute idea.

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
Yup - bark lasts and holds up well in travel. You can make it a few weeks in advance for sure.

·
Valerie
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'm hoping everyone else agrees!

I plan on making it today and we aren't leaving until the 24th...any ideas on how I should store it? Some websites say to freeze it and some say to just put in into storage containers. I'm confused :doh:

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I think freezing would be best. Not sure tho I do know that a few of my friends that make this freeze it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts