Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I would love to be a part of this!
Please send me your info in a private message or e-mail ([email protected]) so I can add you to the list.
Everyone sends their info to me via e-mail
Name
GRF name
Address
pets

Members already signed up are: Ivyacres, 3 goldens, Ginams, OscarsDad, alexyandthegoldens (need your info) and Jennritz

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Please send me your info in a private message or e-mail ([email protected]) so I can add you to the list.
Everyone sends their info to me via e-mail
Name
GRF name
Address
pets

Members already signed up are: Ivyacres, 3 goldens, Ginams, OscarsDad, alexyandthegoldens (need your info) and Jennritz
This always brings smiles to us and all our holiday visitors. We love getting each card from our GRF family members.
Join the fun.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The list of members already signed up is slowing growing! Ivyacres, 3 goldens, Ginams, OscarsDad, alexyandthegoldens, Jennritz and Macca!!

Anyone interested has until Thanksgiving to send their info to join the fun!
Sends your info to me via e-mail ([email protected]) or a private message.
Your Name
GRF name
Address
pets
LIsts you want to be on.

·
Registered
285 Posts
And for newbies considering this, although a photo of your Golden is lovely to see, it isn't a requirement. And I think the first year I participated I didn't go online or to Walgreens, etc. to get photo cards printed. I just had prints made of a photo I liked of my dog and tucked them inside a traditional Christmas card. Receiving cards from "all over" really does brighten the holidays! 🎄

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
And for newbies considering this, although a photo of your Golden is lovely to see, it isn't a requirement. And I think the first year I participated I didn't go online or to Walgreens, etc. to get photo cards printed. I just had prints made of a photo I liked of my dog and tucked them inside a traditional Christmas card. Receiving cards from "all over" really does brighten the holidays! 🎄
I've loved ever card that has come. Including a photo of your furry family member is a great idea!

·
3 goldens
12,148 Posts
My first coup[le of years on the card exchange, I didn't know how or where to get ones done of my dogs and I actually sent cards with golden retrievers on them. As most know, I lost my last golden, Sophie 5 years ago, and was turned down adopting one because there is nobody near me to do a home visit, so Great Pyrenees have been my adopted dogs ever since. I can't really afford high vet bills any more on one income, so after owning my own dog for 65 years, I was destined not to have dog...until an 11 year-old old Pyr needed a home without any dogs (she was in foster where the fostr' two dogs picked on her and she was scared all the time. Plus her vision is not good and the first one we adopted was blind. The Pyrenees rescue wanted me to foster her--for the ret of her life. I only have to buy food and treats, but I do plan to buy the heart worm prvention, , etc. S
he is doing great, she does hr Pyr patrol of the yard and house sevral times a day, and acts like she ha bn her awll her life. She will be on my cards this year. Her name is Lady Majik awnd she is 1/4 St. Bernawrd and 3/4 Pyr, tho every thing about her, down toher double dew claws awnd ptrols is pure Pyr.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I have 7 members signed up to exchange cards. I hope a few more will join in this fun holiday tradition.

The list of members already signed up is slowing growing! Ivyacres, 3 goldens, Ginams, OscarsDad, alexyandthegoldens, Jennritz and Macca!!

Your Name
GRF name
Address
pets
LIsts you want to be on.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Right, I think I didn't word that right. I was thinking more along the lines of putting it in the "Main Discussion" section here on GRF. It seems like it popped up there in past years. This year I had to hunt to find info on whether or not the card exchange was going to happen.

·
3 goldens
12,148 Posts
When I first doing the card exchange, we had about 40 doing it. I actually still exchange with a couple who no longer post here. Maybe putting it in the Discussion section might raw in a few more.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Right, I think I didn't word that right. I was thinking more along the lines of putting it in the "Main Discussion" section here on GRF. It seems like it popped up there in past years. This year I had to hunt to find info on whether or not the card exchange was going to happen.
I'd love to have it in Main Discussion but I think it would be removed by the Mods because it's a dub thread...I'll give it a try! ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,620 Posts
Good idea, I think it may attract more members so I've moved the thread into The Main Discussion Section.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Come join the holiday fun!! There are 7 members signed up to exchange cards. I hope a few more will join this tradition.

Your Name
GRF name
Address
pets
LIsts you want to be on.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts