Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
I just want to let everyone know I don’t think I’ll be able to get our Christmas cards out in time. I’ve been away at my sons home in Pennsylvania unexpectedly for the past few weeks. My 3 1/2 year old granddaughter Leah has been very sick the past 3 weeks, starting with croup cough which got progressively worse. Then about 10 days ago her 6 week old brother spiked a fever, started coughing & was having difficulty breathing. They took him to the emergency room at the local hospital. He was diagnosed with RSV and immediately transferred to a children’s hospital in Philadelphia. He was in the ICU receiving oxygen and had a feeding tube for 10 days. His mother stayed by his side non stop, my son traveled back and forth and I took care of sick Leah. Needless to say it was our nightmare!! Thankfully my grandson was discharged last night and the doctors explained he is still sick but is out of danger and each day he should get stronger and stronger. Leah seems to have made a full recovery but is still on antibiotics. I will be staying in PA to help out a few more days. My husband tells me LOTS of cards have come for Luna and me. He wanted to bring them here to me but I told him I wouldn’t open them until everyone was home and well. I truly am looking forward to going home and opening each and every card with a huge smile on my face and Luna by my side :). I wish you and your loved ones (human and furry) a very Blessed Christmas!!

PS Keep checking your mailboxes. I think Luna and I will be doing New Years cards!
Oh my goodness. Nothing more scary than a sick little one. I am so pleased to hear that Leah is on the mend!

·
Super Moderator
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Lynn, I'm so happy to hear that your grandchildren are on the mend. What a stressful, worrisome time for everyone. Keeping you all in my prayers. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
17,233 Posts
I received two more cards yesterday!!

·
Super Moderator
17,233 Posts
It's wonderful to receive all the cards, and great to have some new members, as well as lots of lovely familiar faces from over the years, all of which continue to make this so much fun!.

·
Super Moderator
17,233 Posts
I received two more this morning. I would like to thank you all for taking the trouble to send them here to me in England, a huge thank you as well to Debbie for organising this again!. Merry Christmas everyone and l look forward to seeing you all on GRF next year x

121 - 129 of 129 Posts