Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
This is my first year joining the card exchange. I've started designing and printing my own cards in the last year so you all will be my experimental group. I've even learned how to make my own envelopes. I look forward to giving and receiving the joy. I hope even more members join in the fun!

I designed cards this year too, it was a fun project. Just a little tip, check your card size at the post office.
I bought DIY cardstock with envelopes. Just to be safe, I checked at the post office and the envelopes were so big that the cards needed extra postage. I was able to fold the envelope just enough to meet the standard size. Another year I ordered square cards...yup extra postage because they weren't rectangular.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I designed cards this year too, it was a fun project. Just a little tip, check your card size at the post office.
I bought DIY cardstock with envelopes. Just to be safe, I checked at the post office and the envelopes were so big that the cards needed extra postage. I was able to fold the envelope just enough to meet the standard size. Another year I ordered square cards...yup extra postage because they weren't rectangular.
Thanks for the tip! All of my cards are 5x7 thank goodness and I learned early on not to use too heavy card stock because it will make the card weigh more than the standard postage. I just saw that a new member joined the list. Will make another card today.

·
3 goldens
11,709 Posts
I don't have the address for the new person on the list. Want to be sure to send them one, so looking for address.

·
Super Moderator
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I just sent you a PM with the info. Please let me know if you don't get it.
Is it too late to join? :(
I'm sure everyone would welcome you. Send me a PM with your name, address, pets names and what lists you want to exchange cards on...USA, international, e-mail or all

·
Super Moderator
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
To send a PM, click on your avitar in the upper right hand corner, select Conversations from the drop down menu then Start Conversation on right side, under Recipients start to type the member's name....

·
Super Moderator
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Alrighty, we have a new look at GRF and a NEW MEMBER joining the card exchange. I have PM's everyone (I hope) with the info. Beeslebug will join in the USA list only.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Thanks for the tip! All of my cards are 5x7 thank goodness and I learned early on not to use too heavy card stock because it will make the card weigh more than the standard postage. I just saw that a new member joined the list. Will make another card today.
Just received your beautiful card. Thanks. The first one from the USA.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I’m loving getting all the cards as well! My hubby didn‘t know about this and looked confused when he brought in our mail as to why I was getting cards from all over the USA, ha! We both had fun opening all of them and putting them on our mantle. We also made photo cards at the last minute. I did the best I could as I was having trouble at the kiosk and no one was around to help. Luckily, at Walmart the cards came with the envelopes included! Next year I’ll be more prepared and get them out faster... Maybe next year it also won’t take 2 hours to get a non blurry pic because pup wouldn't be still.

·
3 goldens
11,709 Posts
Beautiful cards are arriving and going up on my display holder in the entry hall. Anyone who comes in my front door gets greeting by golden retrievers on card!. Love them.

·
Super Moderator
17,233 Posts
I got my first International card from JDandBigAm, thank you, such a beautiful photo!.

·
Mom to Sonny and Seamus
895 Posts
The cards are arriving and are beautiful. I'm afraid life got in the way this year and my cards are just now being written and addressed so, I apologize for the lateness. However, I am enjoying watching puppy cam while I address the cards!!

81 - 100 of 129 Posts