Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was on here that I think I came across the link to a young pup who had hip dysplasia really bad. Poor thing ended up having to move like a seal, but had a couple of ops and although didn't quite walk/run as normal he wasn't in pain and it was much easier for him.

It was on youtube, does anyone remember the name? I can't find it for the life of me and someone on another forum has a Cane Corso who is 17 months with bad dysplasia, I wanted to show them how well this pup did and how happy he was.

I know its not an option for everyone but thought it might be nice to see that things can improve.

Thanks guys, if anyone can remember the name of the pup or where he was from etc?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I think his name may have been Simba or something like that I have seen the video I think Maggie1951 might know as it was on the IRR site at one time but I have just looked and cant see it there now.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
I don't remember the video, but I have a soon to be 7 year old Golden who had surgery on both the right and left hip by the time he was 11 months old and he can run like the wind! He's done great all of these years.

·
Premium Member
18,595 Posts
I believe you are thinking of Tamba from Many Tears Rescue in the UK. His problem was actually his knees, but he did do very well after surgery.

Here is his story. http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/tamba.htm

However, there are multiple stories of dogs that have hip surgery and live a full, active normal life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts