Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading all the good advice here for about a month. Sadly, we lost our beloved 14 year old Golden, Bear, to cancer last March. We are ready for a new puppy and I have been so frustrated with my search. Bear was a dark golden and I would prefer a darker puppy, for nostalgia I guess. I thought I had a perfect puppy with Top Brass but something went wrong with the litter and the puppies were lost. She has nothing else in the works at this time, so I am looking again. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am in South FLorida, and will drive to get the right baby. thank you for all your advice and suggestions!

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Hey, welcome! Sorry to hear about Bear. 14 is a wonderful age, but still too soon.

Are you interested in a pretty athletic, driven dog? Or were you into Topbrass more for the look? Knowing more about what you're looking for might help folks make some recommendations.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just want the dog for a pet, and perhaps get into pet therapy when a little older. I went with Top Brass for the look and the great bloodlines and clearances. I almost put a large deposit on a dark gold puppy a couple months ago, but then read things in here that made me change my mind, so I am thankful.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Robin Bowen of prism goldens is planning a litter this fall/winter with her girl Molly bloom, Molly is a darker golden. She's out of Atlanta but I think she goes to Florida so maybe she could meet you?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have contact Robin Bowen, and also Turbo Retrievers. Does anyone know anything about them? Their dogs and clearances look good, but I am a novice to this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts