Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a wonderful almost 5 month old golden pup named Shelby. Shelby has a “ Mohawk” marking between her eyes, just like her mom! We had another golden years ago who did, too, so I had to choose her as my baby! Been 10 years since we had a puppy, and when our sons dog, Bella, became ours she was a couple years old. She passed recently.
Shelby is teething, and most of the time she is listening better and doing great. But, the biting and jumping and attacking us at times is hard! She can do basic commands, was super easy to housebreak and is loads of fun…except for the times of the biting and barking at us. it hurts!
I’m hoping to learn how to get her through this teething wild phase and some tips and tricks to do so. There isn’t an obedience class near me until September.

·
Administrator
54,814 Posts
Welcome!

Hope you'll share pictures of Shelby with us.

The Puppy up to 1 year section is full of a lot of useful information.
You can use the Forum's search feature to search specific topics, feel free to ask questions, members are always very helpful.

Hope you enjoy it here.

·
Kristy
10,741 Posts
Welcome to you and Shelby :) I am glad she is doing well, as mentioned, we need lots of photos and stories :) Around here, her mohawk is called "zipperface" and it is a favorite of mine.

I hate that you are missing prime time for training by not starting class till Sept. Maybe use the search at the top of the page and try to find some at home videos, you tube channel and books that might help you take advantage now of what a sponge she is. You are setting the stage for the next 10 years right now. There are some really simple skills that you can encourage from her that will make training easier going forward. Things like "watch me" and "wait" and go to "place" a really interesting you tube channel is "kikopup" who does a lot of neat things and they aren't magic, she has just reinforced behaviors. Take her lots of places and get her meeting and observing people.

We need photos :)

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Welcome! I remember feeling like nothing was stopping the biting stage but we kept training away and it lessened and then ended. It was a happy day when the last needle tooth fell out. Hang in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts