Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I am currently searching for a Golden Retriever Puppy but having a little trouble. And in learning more about training a GR I found this website so I thought I would join up and say hi while searching for more information.

My name is Tyler I am one of those outdoors guys that prefers to be outside in the rain then inside on a couch.

I am a college student majoring in Pastoral Ministries at a Bible University.

Um, this will be my first GR, I have had through out my life quite a bit of different dogs:
Gordon Setter: Tartan
Huskey: Windsor
Beagle: Dude
Lab / Collie: Babe

But I recently moved out on my own and wanted a pup of my own, so that brings me back to how I got here. Now you know more than you ever wanted to know, haha.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of info here on how to choose the best breeder for your future pup. Goldens are a fantastic breed and just a blast to have around. If you like doing fun stuff outside this breed will be right there by your side.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Welcome Tyler! You aren't going to find anyone to disagree with you here about how great goldens are. Once you have one, it's very hard to consider ever having a different breed! What problems are you having in your search?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What problems are you having in your search?
Finding a breeder within 2 hours of where I live. Many that I talked to offered to deliver the pups, but after reading I decided that I wanted to go see the pups, its brothers and sisters and its parents.
Also $300 is okay, but the closest breeders are in the $500-$1500 range. I am a college student so funding is a little tight for a big investment at one time.

Food wise, I am set with having funds for that, I have a crate since we weened our Beagle off his. I have toys, and have a parent who plays tennis so there are always fetch balls laying around.

The only hard part is finding a breeder close to Yardley, PA (19067).

On a funny note. Babe just went to lick my arm and received a nice zap... oh how I love winter haha. Thank you all for the warm welcome and for the help.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to you and Babe,
Goldens are a great breed and I dont think I will ever own any other type of dog. If it is hard to find a puppy maybe a rescue will have a young dog or pup for you. I know most good breeders will charge higher prices. Here is a rescue in PA Delaware Valley Golden Rescue that has some puppies. Good luck with your search. http://www.dvgrr.org/RP_Adoptable.asp?cid=All

·
Administrator
16,447 Posts
Welcome to the board.
Good luck with your search for a good pup. Being from PA (as I am) just watch for breeders in the Lancaster County area. As you may already know that is a heavy puppy mill area and they do sell bad bred dogs in, or about, the price range you mentioned. I do not know of any breeders for you but I hope you find that good pup you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
17,907 Posts
Welcome to the board. Good luck with your search, I'm sure there are breeders on the board who will have suggestions for your area.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
:wavey: Hi!! welcome to the forum. this is really a nice group of people. I think maybe someone out there could help you find your new golden baby. good luck in your serch and when you find one post lots of picture's. I'm Debbie and mason is my bundle of joy. he's 2 1/2 already!!

Debbie & mason

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Yeah, Another Pennsylvanian :) I can't help you with your search as we went about it the wrong way getting our pup but just wanted to say WELCOME and good luck finding your puppy.

·
3 goldens
11,673 Posts
I am in Texas, no help with finding a pup, but want to welcome you and you will LOVE a golden. i have always loved the looks of Gordon Settes and only ever seen 3 "in person" ones. All seemed wonderful dogs. have owned two irish Setters and many English Setters. Good luck with your search.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You've made a super wise choice in getting a golden. they're really just a bucket of love that will lLOVE to be your partner in all your outdoor (& indoor for that matter) activities. Your life will be richly blessed with such a friend. Jump in and have fun here.... always lots of discussions going on.

Betty

1 - 15 of 15 Posts