·
Registered
109 Posts
Windsor is adorable and I love his name. I am from Windsor, Ontario. :cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This little nugget is now 4 months old weighing in at a whopping 36 pounds, and finally fully vaccinated! He's now lost all of his milk teeth and half of them have already started to grow in. I'm bracing myself for when the fangs and back teeth are gone as I hear that can be pretty hard on his gums.

He's also graduated from puppy preschool. Some of the trainers/puppy care workers were so, so sad on his last day. They commented how much they loved him, which in turn made me a proud mama. He's continuing on puppy obedience in search for an AKC STAR Puppy Award. Everyone who meets him loves him and comments on how beautiful he is, and how soft his coat is (seriously, someone should weave a blanket with the puppy fur that we collect from his brushes).

We're also getting him to like/tolerate fruits and vegetables: banana, strawberry, blueberry, cucumber, carrot. He loves bananas! Those of you in SoCal, Trader Joe's has a great assortment of freeze dried fruits, and we alternate these with his doggy treats, and they're great.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
We're now at 5 months and almost 10 pounds up from our last update! Time flies so fast when you have a young puppy . . . and since he's been fully vaccinated at 16 weeks, his life has opened up so, so much. We've been taking him to the beach, the park, and to restaurants -- and I'm astonished at how well behaved he is at restaurants. He mostly just sits under the table. We do give him a chew to keep him occupied, but he totally understands the rhythm of people coming to take your order and dropping off food and/or drinks, and he doesn't interact with waiters at all (except for when they ask to pet him).

He's now being weaned off of his puppy kibble to all stages food/The Honest Kitchen, which he's liking a lot better. It's been a slow transition because we still had a fifth of the puppy kibble bag when we started to transition two weeks ago. We're also continuing in his second obedience class after puppy preschool. It's so funny how here in the states, given his name, we've managed to find him two English dog trainers/teachers of different dog obedience clubs/schools to work with.

Also, for those show enthusiasts here, he'll be showing in his first BPUP competition in a few weeks. If anyone has any tips and what to expect for BPUP, I'd love to hear it!!

Some pictures of some of our adventures in the past month:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Windsor is a good looking boy, great hearing about his adventures and how well he's doing.
I love these Windsor updates, he is so cute! Also, I love his name, it's so creative and lovely! :)
Thank you!! Good and bad of it is that he knows how cute he is. Everywhere we go, he gets reminded by strangers all the time. . . . 🤪

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
So funny update time. Last night, we had dinner reservations at a nice restaurant -- dining indoors after about a year was a real trip. The restaurant doesn't allow dogs, so we had to leave Windsor at home -- no big deal, we've left him home alone for up to three hours before and we usually find him half asleep, and he's grown out of his destructive stage (chewing on furniture or wires, etc), so we left him uncrated otherwise he would have barked until the neighbors alerted the authorities (and he knows how to let himself outside in case of potty).

Two and half hours later, we come home to find him on his bed (thinking to myself: oh my goodness, what a good boy). As I get closer, his head is also deep into a bag of chews that I just got . . . he got through half the bag ($10 worth). Apparently when I left him the ONE chew, through his new counter surfing trick, he grabbed the rest of the bag and ripped it open, and there were tiny scraps of it all over the floor. Imagine in the movies where you come home to find a guy sitting in front of the TV with cheetoh dust everywhere: same scene here.

Needless to say, he's on a treat restriction for the rest of the weekend, and on a decreased meal plan today. Bad doggy! (Also bad momma for leaving the bag so close to the edge). Oh, the trials of puppyhood. . . .

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That's funny, I hope Windsor didn't have an upset tummy from all his treats.
This made me laugh, what a surprise it must have been to come home to that! :ROFLMAO:
It was pretty hilarious. The chews he got into were these wolffish skin chews, which when he has one, no huge difference . . . but half a bag in, we had to give him a deep tooth brushing. His mouth still is fishy to this day!! At least his coat will be extra healthy and shiny in the next weeks though.

No tummy issues, except very large potty this morning. Haha 🤪

·
Registered
764 Posts
Sir Windsor,the pictures shoe you carry the best traits of Windsors in your genes.I shall say definitely much better looking and cute than the Archie 😇😜

PS:R.I.P Prince Philip
Condolences to the House of Windsor.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sir Windsor,the pictures shoe you carry the best traits of Windsors in your genes.I shall say definitely much better looking and cute than the Archie 😇😜

PS:R.I.P Prince Philip
Condolences to the House of Windsor.
On the next Commonwealth tour, count me in!! I shall discuss important issues such as global canine rights and give kisses to all the little humans. :p

·
Registered
764 Posts
On the next Commonwealth tour, count me in!! I shall discuss important issues such as global canine rights and give kisses to all the little humans. :p
Your Highness Windsor,we foresee that you will be the main barksman at the next Commonwealth tour since you know the other members of the club got lost somewhere in Netflix🤔 and you better ASAP globally register your Foundation "WindsorGoldenPawFoundation"💫

21 - 38 of 38 Posts