Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mercy Age 8 Golden Retriever
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! New to the site and I wanted to introduce my Goldie that I adopted a year ago who was living in an apartment. Her name is Mercy she is now eight years old so a senior. She loves balls and a nice game of fetch. Likes to swim in the beach! Unfortunately she might not have too long to live she was diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Failure due to her bad breath getting worse she might have a few more months to live. we are giving her lots of love! she still gives it her all despite this! I just wanted to share her story.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Mercy looks very sweet. Did they do other tests on her kidney function? I've smelled some pretty bad dog breath especially in older dogs but there were no kidney issues.

Reactions: OldGoldenGirl

·
Registered
Mercy Age 8 Golden Retriever
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum. Mercy looks very sweet. Did they do other tests on her kidney function? I've smelled some pretty bad dog breath especially in older dogs but there were no kidney issues.
Thanks! Yeah we did various tests and definitely signs of kidney failure it might of just been bad genes or previous owners didn't have her in a good diet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts