Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've just found this forum whilst searching the internet for some information on Splenectomies. It is great to find a place where I can talk to fellow goldie owners, I didn't know such places existed.

My Husband and I are owned by two goldens, Barney who's our first born golden and is now 11 1/2 years old. Also Pennymon, we rescued her ten years ago. We were told she was 1 to 1 1/2 years old when we rehomed her, but she could be slightly older. I couldn't imagine life without goldens, these are our first dogs but I grew up with a goldie called Toby.

I'm hope someone can help me (I'm probably posting in the wrong section, so I'll go and search a section to post my questions in, in a moment) Sadly, Penny has just had to have a spenectomy so I have some questions regards that procedure, I really hope someone can help answer our questions, thanks for any help you can offer.

Meanwhile, hello to everyone, please all give your dogies a huge kiss and cuddle from myself and Barney and Penny XX

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hello and welcome Penny and Barney's mum!

I don't know anything about the health issues your Penny has but hope she is comfortable and can make progress.

I too am in the UK, Leicestershire, and we have Hector Too who is coming up 20 months. I grew up with 2 goldens, Katie and Hector One!

If you click on community you'll find a UK social group. Just to warn you though, we like a chat:wave:

Sarah & Hector

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome Penny and Barney's mum!

I don't know anything about the health issues your Penny has but hope she is comfortable and can make progress.

I too am in the UK, Leicestershire, and we have Hector Too who is coming up 20 months. I grew up with 2 goldens, Katie and Hector One!

If you click on community you'll find a UK social group. Just to warn you though, we like a chat:wave:

Sarah & Hector

Hiya, you're not that far away from us then, we're in Yorkshire. Ohhh, I remember those puppy days very foundly, 20 months, is still the mad and bad faze lol, dashing around like idiots all day long...........................

Thanks for directing me in the direction of a UK social group, I'll go and see if I can find it. Hey, it's you that needs warning lol, I can out chat most people hehe.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Whereabouts in Yorkshire are you? My Dad's family are from the Cottingham area near Hull and Mum's family are from Conisborough near Donacaster. Still got rellies there now. Our first golden Katie was a yorkshire lass. She came from the Linchael kennels that at that time were in Skipton I think. That was way back in '77!

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum i am maggie and i have 2 goldens and 1 JRT all rescue.

Twinny41 on this site know as Patsy lives just outside Scarborough we are coming up to Yorkshire this year for our holidays and staying at Staintondale in a cottage which is dog friendly.

I live in Kent just outside Dover.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Hi and welcome to this great place! I am another UKer and am owned by Chester who like Hector is nearly 20 months and Cracker befire him, my lovely girl who left us Feb 2010 and we live down south in sunny Sussex but both my parents are from Yorkshire, Bradford area and Hull and I have rellies up there too. My son is living and working in Grimsby.
So sorry to hear your girl had tohave surgery and I hope shes all comfy and healing now. I am sure theres going to be others who have been through the same experience who will offer help and support here on the forum somewhere.
Hope to see you at the UK section too, we like fellow chatterboxes! :)
Oh..and we need photos of your dogs :) :) We can never see too many :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts