Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm excited to have found this forum as I am a soon-to-be new owner of an 8 week old golden puppy. I met her for the first time this Sunday and she is adorable (I might be a bit biased). I am so excited to get to bring her home. I have not raised a puppy in probably 7 or 8 years - any tips from you "pros" on the forum? I already have a crate for crate training and am looking to buy a puppy book. Any suggestions? Looking forward to many years of sharing stories, pictures and advice.

I've attached a picture of Ruby below.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm new at this too, so I don't have any advice, but having a baby Golden is wonderful!! Congrats and she is beautiful!!

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Hello! Your girl is adorable, can't wait to see more pictures of her as she is growing up. Glad you found the Forum.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Hi, Ruby!
from Sadie (lab), Obi & Bridger near Orting, WA

what part of WA are you two in?

(she is sure a hugable looking little gal)

·
luv my goldens
481 Posts
Hi and welcome, your puppy is cute.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I have found great advice on many problems and concerns. I love checking the old training threads for tips.
My pup is now almost 9 months old and I we are in Seattle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all! After I posted this, I read through a bunch of past threads on puppies and training and found a bunch of great advice. This site is definitely a gold mine! I was raised in Federal Way, WA and now reside in Kent. Nice to see so many PNWer's on here. I get to visit Ruby again this Saturday so I'll post more pics after that visit. I'm sure she will have grown a ton in a week.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
Ruby is just adorable and yes she will have grown by this weekend. These little pups grow so fast, so take lots of pictures. There is a wealth of information in the puppy section and training sections of the forum. Also at the top of the page, you will see a section called products and reviews and there is a good amount of stuff that might interest you.
Glad you have joined us and cant wait to see more pictures of her.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :) I too am glad to see new members from this part of the country. I live in Renton, actually the Fairwood area, so not far at all from you!
Your little Ruby is just so CUTE! I am anxious to see more pictures and hear many stories about your little Sweetheart!:smooch:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ruby gets to come home Nov 20th - so 2 1/2 long weeks for us to wait. Of course, we are busy getting the house "puppy-proofed" in the meantime :) The breeder is Canyon Meadows Farm and they are located in Tacoma. They came on a recommendation from a friend and seem to have a wonderful farm for the puppies to grow up on. She's already being potty trained which is fantastic! Thanks for everyones replies. I will definitely post pictures as I get them. Here's one more of Ruby Red from last weekend

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ruby gets to come home Nov 20th - so 2 1/2 long weeks for us to wait. Of course, we are busy getting the house "puppy-proofed" in the meantime :) The breeder is Canyon Meadows Farm and they are located in Tacoma. They came on a recommendation from a friend and seem to have a wonderful farm for the puppies to grow up on. She's already being potty trained which is fantastic! Thanks for everyones replies. I will definitely post pictures as I get them. Here's one more of Ruby Red from last weekend
Hi : ) I am in Seattle and am looking for the right breeder for my Golden puppy, and Canyon Meadows Farm was recommended. I have a friend that just brought one of their puppies home this weekend (she is SO precious!). Would you recommend them based on your experience with Ruby? I really appreciate any insight or advice you might offer! Thank you : )

·
Super Moderator Leader
50,388 Posts
Hi : ) I am in Seattle and am looking for the right breeder for my Golden puppy, and Canyon Meadows Farm was recommended. I have a friend that just brought one of their puppies home this weekend (she is SO precious!). Would you recommend them based on your experience with Ruby? I really appreciate any insight or advice you might offer! Thank you : )
This is an older thread, the Original poster hasn't been on the Forum since 2/2019.

You may want to start a new thread in this section-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts