Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Tara and our family has a 7 year old Golden, Molly, and an 8 year old Irish Setter, Oliver. We fostered Oliver through our local Golden Retriever rescue, but he is definitely more Irish Setter than he is Golden, but we love him just the same. ;) We adopted him in 2005 and got Molly as a puppy in 2004. There are also two more humans in our house including my husband and our almost 4 year old son.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Welcome to the board. I'd love to see more pics of your doggies when you get a chance.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
You can post them in this thread if you like.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,579 Posts
Welcome to you and your lovely Molly and Oliver. I think you have the best of both worlds having a Golden and an Irish Setter.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I am also from Virginia! My hometown is in Winchester, but I go to school (Virginia Tech) in Blacksburg (where I am now studying for finals)! What part are you from?
Gorgeous pups, by the way!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum! I am also from Virginia! My hometown is in Winchester, but I go to school (Virginia Tech) in Blacksburg (where I am now studying for finals)! What part are you from?
Gorgeous pups, by the way!
Thank you. We live just west of Richmond. We are UVA people. Go Hoos! ;) Good luck on your finals.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to you and your lovely Molly and Oliver. I think you have the best of both worlds having a Golden and an Irish Setter.
Aw, thank you. I love my Irish Setter guy. My husband grew up with a Golden and I had smaller dogs as a child. I really, really like the disposition of the Irish Setter. We would get a Golden again in a heartbeat, though. We will just make sure we our homework on a good breeder. Molly has really severe allergies and had cruciate ligament disease, so she had TTA surgeries on both knees. All of these issues are due to overbreeding, I am sure.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Thank you. We live just west of Richmond. We are UVA people. Go Hoos! ;) Good luck on your finals.

Guess that makes us enemies during football season, haha! :bowl:

Thanks for the luck!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Hello!!!!!! I am recently relocated to the northern part of NC (45 min from Norfolk) and I need golden friends! Do you guys have play dates???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts