Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! We got our golden puppy two weeks ago, and just discovered this site today. Palmer is my first dog (my fiancee's second), and boy do we feel like we lucked out! We got Palmer when he was 12 weeks old (so he's 14 wks now), and he houstrained almost instantly, and already knows sit, shake a paw, lie down, come, and fetch.

Now for some pictures...

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hello Palmer's Dad!

I just found this forum today, too. I've been on other forums and I do have to say..........when you get with a bunch of golden owners and lovers, you will be AMAZED at all the stuff you'll learn as your baby grows!!!

Good Luck with Palmer!!! He's a handsome little boy!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rachel said:
How did you house train him?
It was pretty easy! He was already 12 weeks when we got him, so that helped. We just made sure to take him outside very regularly -- every time he woke up from a nap, 10-20 minutes after eating, etc. We are also crate training him, so we would put him in the crate after he fell asleep, and that kept him from having an accident when he woke up.

He has never once had a #2 accident in our house, but he can still piddle inside every now and then when he gets excited. It's pretty rare, though.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Another beautiful baby to fawn over! He's gorgeous. Welcome to the forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts