Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Hi from Toronto, Canada

915 views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  mm03gn 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,
my name is Mike and I am the proud owner of a Golden Retriever mix. Originally I thought he was a lab/sheppard mix but after a DNA test (don't worry, it was a professional one, I don't have a centrifuge at home) it was revealed that he's mostly Golden Retriever mixed with German Sheppard, Norwegian Elkhound and a bit of Husky as well. He's got the Sheppard colouring but the ears, soft coat and personality of a Golden!

His name is Rembrandt (Remy for short) and I'm looking forward to going through the forums and getting some advice/sharing stories and pictures.

See less See more
#3 ·
He's like a Golden in german shepherd clothing!

Looks like he has the golden paw action, shepards don't do that as much. I'll welcome him...he is soooooo cute! I can't wait to see him grow and see how he turns out. Love the name! Post more pics. Love the rings around the eyes as well, this guy knows how to work the camera.

#7 ·
thanks for the warm welcomes everyone... been super busy going back to work teaching so i've barely had time to check emails much less forums! once things settle down i'm going to post some more pictures of Remy and looking through the forums for advice/other puppy pictures! :)

#14 ·
Hi! I thought I had already posted in here to welcome you but apparently I didn't. Your dog is SO cute! Glad to hear there is some golden in there somewhere :D

Molson and I are also from GTA, make sure you have a look at the thread for our next Ontario Meet up: http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/showthread.php?t=64552 in Milton. It would be great to see you out there with Remy!

#15 ·
wow, so many people on here from Ontario/GTA... i would love to come to an event but weekends are pretty busy for me as i coach teams and volunteer a lot with my school... i will definitely keep an eye on the ontario meet ups as maybe there will be one that we can attend (definitely in the summer though!)

i'm gonna post some pictures of Remy in the forums (since i finally have a few free minutes)

#16 ·
Welcome from Owen Sound!!!
Looking forward to watching Remy grow :)

#18 ·
Welcome from Burlington! It is so nice that there are so many of us from Southern Ontario - hope to see you and Remy out at a meet sometime, the dogs all have too much fun for words to describe ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.