Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. We are thinking of getting another golden puppy, does anyone know of any good breeders in the central Illinois area?

Thank you!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm sure others do.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Please make yourself at home here. I can't answer your question. You might check with your local Golden Retriever club for recommendations. Love your avatar.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Breeders up near Chicago would be OK too since I have family up there, so it would give us an excuse for a visit! A lady that goes to our church as an old family friend that just had puppies, but I'm having problems getting in touch with them. So if it falls through, I thought I'd get a head start on finding another source for puppies.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hi! I'm in Bloomington, IL and would be happy to talk to you about some breeders I've learned about in the area. What are you looking for? And have you read the sticky on here about what to look for in a reputable breeder? Since you've already had a golden, you probably know about the health issues that plague this wonderful breed, but I didn't have a clue when we first got our puppy a year ago and did EVERYTHING wrong. From that I've learned what to look for and have found a few wonderful people within a few hours of central Illinois that I would be happy to talk to you about if you can elaborate a bit more about what you want in a dog. Field work? Companion?

Give me some more details and I might be able to make a few recommendations. Of course, only you can decide what breeder is right for your family, but I'm happy to help if I can.

Also, do you have a time frame in which you are looking at adding a puppy?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bogey's Mom - Thanks for the response. I have finally been in touch with the person who had the puppies and we have worked everything out. Our newest family member will arrive Nov. 20.

Again I appreciate the information and should anyone I know or myself in the future need a breeder, I will surely give you a shout out. Thanks again

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
That's great! Where did you decide to get your pup from? Boy or girl? I can't wait to see pictures!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a girl. She isn't from a breeder, just a friend of a friend. They were born 9-24 and they live in Carthage, IL. We are hoping we can go visit next weekend, since we're busy this weekend. She's been sending pics of the girls and they all look so cute that I can't wait to pick out the one I want. We get to bring her home on 11-20.

We are taking her up to my dad's house in the U.P. (Upper Peninsula of Michigan) for Thanksgiving so she'll get to experience snow before everyone else. I'm just so excited.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just uploaded the pics of the puppies in an album on my profile. I would love to have them all, but I'm not that crazy!

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Welcome! :) How exciting for you! Hopefully the weather will behave long enough for you to get your pup potty trained before we hit the dead of winter. :crossfing:crossfing:crossfing:crossfing

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Loveagolden

Loveagolden

Welcome to you and your baby girl!

I live in Woodridge, IL and we have a rescued Golden Ret. named Smooch and a Male, Samoyed, named Snobear.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Congratulations on the new puppy and welcome to the forum (just responded to you on a political thread, but in case you don't go back there...welcome twice!).

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hopefully next weekend we can go and see the puppies, so I hope to have pictures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts