Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jenny and I recently adopted a 7 year old golden named Hunter. The minute I looked into his big brown eyes, I was in love. He was used as stud dog and the vet thinks that he was badly mistreated. He is very, very, very timid. The poor thing gets scared of his own shadow on walks. He also came complete with skin infections, ear infection and an internal parasite. My baby was so neglected. Regardless, he is the most wonderful dog and just a big couch potato. I know why so many people rave about their goldens! Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. I will post pictures of Hunter once I have another free second.

Jenny

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:wave: It is great to have you and Hunter here. You are wonderful for saving him and giving him a good life! I can't wait to see pictures of him when you get a moment.

·
kalkid
397 Posts
Congrats and thanks for rescuing. I'm a broken record on this but speaking from experience I'd be willing to bet you'll never find a dog that will love you more. It's sad but having been mistreated before I think oddly enough many times only makes a dog want to please and love you more. You're taking away his pain and discomfort and he's going to try and pay that back 100 fold.

·
Supreme Member
4,621 Posts
Welcome.
I have a Golden that is about 7 1/2 and another who was 6 in Dec.
Both are from Golden Retriever Rescues.

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Hello! I am Jenna in Florida... what part of Florida are you in? I am in the Tampa area. Your guy sounds great! I adore the older ones. So glad to meet you!

Jenna

My name is Jenny and I recently adopted a 7 year old golden named Hunter. The minute I looked into his big brown eyes, I was in love. He was used as stud dog and the vet thinks that he was badly mistreated. He is very, very, very timid. The poor thing gets scared of his own shadow on walks. He also came complete with skin infections, ear infection and an internal parasite. My baby was so neglected. Regardless, he is the most wonderful dog and just a big couch potato. I know why so many people rave about their goldens! Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. I will post pictures of Hunter once I have another free second.

Jenny

·
But, my name is Debbi
1,715 Posts
Hello Jenny & Hunter! Welcome to the forum. I think you'll like it here..... great people and always willing to help with any questions or problems. Can't wait to see some pics of Hunter.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Hello Jenny,
Thank you for rescuing Hunter. He will just grow and blossom under your loving care. If you have any questions just jump in, we have lots of people here that can help. I am in Florida also in Jacksonville. Welcome.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hi Jenny - Welcome from Northern BC Canada. Your sweet Hunter will come out of his shell when he knows that the love and attention will continue and he is safe...Thanks for giving him another chance. He will repay you with endless amounts of love.

·
3 goldens
11,662 Posts
Hello and welcome from the Texas coast. The dog in my avatar was my Hunter. I lost him a little over 54 years ago to adverse reaction to the 6 momnth injectiable heart worm pr4eventative, ProHeart6 (which the FDA had them pull 10 months after his death) but he lives in my heart forever. She was an extra special boy.

Meanwhile, i hve his littermate sister KayCee, now 8 1/2 and spoiled rotton. and we also have an adopted golden mix, Honey, who was one hour from being gassed at the county pound. You could not find a more loving dog than honey,a s tho she knows we saved her. And more or less did it twice as she had heartworms when we adopted her and had to put her thru the treament. She was right at a year old when we adopted her Dec. 7, 2002, so made that her first official birthday--making her 6 this pat Dec. This adopted/rescued dogs are very specail.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome! I am very excited to have found you all. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions.

Jenna, we are about an hour from Tampa. We recently moved here from D.C. and I love the warm Florida winters. This morning it may have been cold, but tomorrow's high is 80. You really can't beat that!

Jenny

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
Welcome, Jenny and Hunter...glad you found us. I (as does everyone else here) applaud you for rescuing Hunter, he sounds like a wonderful Golden Boy.

He already knows he's safe with you and with continued love, attention, affection and patience he will come around in no time.

We look forward to seeing pictures of your new boy. :)

~Jackie

1 - 20 of 20 Posts