Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm new to forums and a new owner of a Golden Retriever. He is now 13 weeks old and we've had him for 7 weeks. I had forgotten how much work a new puppy can be. I'll sure be glad when he's totally house trained.

·
Look at that face...
89 Posts
Hi! I am brand new here too. We got our pups when they were basically adult sized so I am counting on you for puppy fixes. :D

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Welcome !!! Our golden girls are 5 today and puppyhood seems like so long ago..... enjoy every minute you have.... that's such a fun time, even though it is lots of work.. AAHHH... wish we had puppy breath in our house.

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
This was our year of double puppies, so I hear you on the housebreaking issue. It is so nice when it is behind instead of in process, but they grow big too fast!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Hello and Welcome,
Puppyhood is fun and hard work. I forgot how much work as it had been 8 years since I had gone thru it last. Glad it was behind me except I miss the little guy size. There is a ton of great information in the puppy section that will help you raise him and if you dont find it just ask away. There are a bunch of great people here that will answer your questions.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Welcome aboard....:wavey:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome. The house training is coming along. I'm enjoying the puppy but am somewhat frustrated about his lack of attention when trying to walk on a leash. He is so distracted and pulls. He's 14 weeks old - am I expecting to much?

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Leash training at that age is pretty iffy. At his age just let him get used to the feel of the leash being on his collar. In a couple of months you will be able to go for a slow walk around the block. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your pup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts