Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted before. I live in rural northern California with my husband, two Golden Retrievers (Rusty and Iris), a Papillon (Happi) and am in the process this week of rescuing a little female Pomeranian from Arizona.

I grew up with a Golden named Daisy. She was my best friend, and we were lucky enough to have her until she was 16 years old.

As an adult, I got my second Golden, and named her Daisy also. Then followed a Samoyed/Golden mix who was raised by Daisy, which brought out all of her best Golden characteristics.

After losing my second Daisy, I rescued a male Golden named Rusty, and he is still with me. But only having one dog seemed lonely, so he was soon followed by my female, Iris. She is the most loving, sweet, sensitive girl. But Rusty is definitely the alpha dog, and she is totally fine with that.

The Papillon was a rescue whose owner died of cancer. Her grieving husband wanted nothing to do with the dog, and put him in a crate to languish for months before someone discovered him and decided to rescue him. The poor dog was seriously depressed, and there was talk of putting him down, but that's about the time I heard about him and travelled to Washington state to purchase him and bring him home. He is still somewhat nervous and has abandonment issues, but is totally bonded to both my husband and me, and is a little joy to have around

The little female Pomeranian is a rescue from Arizona. I will be flying there to get her this coming week. She will be good company for the Papillon, and with 4 dogs in the house, I think I can safely say that's my limit, lol.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Thank you for rescuing so many pups in need. It sounds like they are all great. I hope you will keep posting here and share some pictures with us. Welcome to the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts