Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I don't have a golden retriever yet but we're on a waiting list for one in a few months time so I've been doing some background reading in the meantime. So glad I found this forum! Lots of great information here and of course lots of pics of beautiful goldens!

I spent about six months researching various breeds before deciding that a golden would suit our family best. We have four children and want a cheerful, friendly dog that will happily jump in the car and go places.

Anyway, hello, and I look forward to talking to you all more when we finally have a golden of our very own.

cheers, Cushla:wavey:

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Welcome from Georgia USA:wavey:....wise choice to have chosen a Golden to be part of your family:). I wish you well on finding just the right pup!

Al & Tuff Dog

·
Kristy
9,397 Posts
Welcome!! This is a terrific resource for learning about goldens, both the pros and the cons (not that there would be any significant cons :) ) and it is invaluable after you bring your dog home to have the input and advice of so many knowledgeable people. There are lots of really good-hearted dog owners here with lots of experience. They have helped me so much. Keep us posted on how things are going with your search and when you bring your new baby home.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the lovely welcome!

We're on a breeder's waiting list for her next litter, which is due August/September, which means it will be October/November before we get to bring our pup home. Such a long time to wait, sigh...

It gives me plenty of time to prepare, I guess (trying to look on the bright side), and the kids are already compiling lists of puppy names, lol.

Anyway thanks again for the words of welcome - I feel fortunate to have stumbled across this forum!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts