Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am Nathalie and I live in northwest Louisiana with Flem (our 3 year old Golden), Spip (our 5 year old Lab), and my husband.

Flem is our first Golden - I grew with German Shepherds and my husband with Irish Setters - and we have had her since she was a wee pup. She is a determined huntress (yard critters beware) and a total cuddlebutt (she lives to be petted). She goes along quite well with big sis Spip whom she bugs to play bitey face at least twice a day.

I belong to a couple of all-breeds forums but thought it would be nice to be part of one where there are so many Golden lovers. I've looked around a bit before joining and it looks like a great place.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the welcomes. I am on my way to try to post some pictures. Choosing which ones is the hard thing, I do not want to bury ya'll.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I welcomed you in your other thread but wanted to say hello again. Your girls are pretty and sounds like you got the perfect breeds. Post away pictures and stories we love them, the more the merrier.

·
3 goldens
11,673 Posts
Hello Thalie. I know you from the the all breed forum, use to be I-dog, There i go by my name, Sandra Slayton. I have goldens KayCee and Honey--well, honey is a golden mix but doesn't know it....and we don't tell her! I lost my old golden, Buck age 12 years 3 months back last May to heart attack. And my Hunter, in the avatar to proheart6 4 yeas ago. i still preach about it on that forums. It was the very first one I found after Hunter died.

Welcome. this is a great forum and i am glad to see you here.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, Sandra. I figured this is where you were. I sure remember you sharing Hunter's story with ProHeart6 and your more recent loss of Buck (so sorry). Give Kaycee and Honey ear scritches for me.

Emmy, I am not an expert on GSDs. Along my childhood and teenager years, my parents rescued four -one of which had to be rehomed to a family with no kids- and all I know about them just comes from my experience living with them as pets, not as either show or work dogs. The only one they had as a pup was after I left home. I'd be happy to answer any question from my limited experience if I can though.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi, Sandra. I figured this is where you were. I sure remember you sharing Hunter's story with ProHeart6 and your more recent loss of Buck (so sorry). Give Kaycee and Honey ear scritches for me.

Emmy, I am not an expert on GSDs. Along my childhood and teenager years, my parents rescued four -one of which had to be rehomed to a family with no kids- and all I know about them just comes from my experience living with them as pets, not as either show or work dogs. The only one they had as a pup was after I left home. I'd be happy to answer any question from my limited experience if I can though.
Ours wouldn't be a show or work dog either.. Just spoiled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts