Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet Nova! She's 3 months old today and has stolen my heart! I've had her 3 weeks now and we're getting into a nice routine. She can 'sit', 'give paw', and 'lay down' pretty solid, and we're doing pretty good with 'come' (after discovering hot dogs is her kryptonite) and 'stay'. She is gonna be a great adventure companion here in Juneau. So much hiking and fun outdoorsy things to do and she thankfully already loves being out in the rain (Juneau is in a rainforest and it rains a LOT)

Thankfully for now I get to take her to work with me where she gets lots of attention and is exposed to lots of sights and sounds.

I've had other dogs growing up over the years but she's my first Golden and the first dog I've raised from a puppy as an adult. I had an Australian Shepherd growing up but training was left up to my 12yr old self (but she turned out pretty good). With that said, I'll probably be asking for advice on random things from time to time :grin2:

So far Nova has been such a mellow and chill puppy. She has her occasional zoomies and excited spurts but overall she's quite the mellow little gal. I'm leaving for a 2 week trip in December but plan on getting into an obedience class with her when I get back.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,838 Posts
Welcome to you and Nova, she's adorable..........
Great pictures.

There are a few members from AK here.

·
Registered
17,569 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum, Nova is absolutely gorgeous!.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nova is absolutely adorable. The expression on her face in the second picture is priceless.
Just melts my heart. Again, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all! I'm super stoked to have this golden bundle of love in my life. I'm lucky to get to take her to work with me every day and she even gets to go on the occasional boat ride with me, although she only lasts a few minutes then the boat puts her to sleep haha. She's my perfect first mate!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts