Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my first golden in mid July and I am so excited! It is a girl and my oldesr daughter has named her Buffy after Buffy the vampire slayer. This isn't our first dog but I am trying to get as much information I can about the breed. I have known relatives and friends with golden's and they were the best dog. I have always wanted one and I figured I was old enough to have one. Thank youu for having for this forum so I can get educated!:):):)

·
Super Moderator
17,222 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,739 Posts
Welcome, glad you've joined us.

Congrats on your new little girl. Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures and hearing about her adventures.

Enjoy the forum.

·
KCGold
1,757 Posts
Welcome aboard, you too will forever love Golden's once you own one!

Be sure to study all the puppy guidelines and suggestions on owning and training a puppy. They take a lot of work (not just Goldens, but all puppies). The first year of hard work to get them off to a good start...is critical to having a wonderful companion.

Are you planning on 'crate training' your pup? Have you thought about going to a puppy obedience class with your new pup? These classes will help you learn how to train your dog, and start teaching you and your pup....

Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts