Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received Lovey2 last November as a freebie and 2 years old. Had a dog before that we believed was a golden/collie cross. She was Lovey1, and the most wonderful dog in the world. :)
Lovey2 is also such a sweetheart. Her biggest problem is that when she gets her eye/nose on something she will not come, and sometimes goes across the highway. I am ready to get a shock collar. Any other suggestions? We put her on 'time out' but has not cured her.
Also would like to know if Goldens are sometimes smaller. She comes just about up to my knee and is a medium red/gold with some white on a paw.
Have a great and 'golden' day:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi there Gramma from an aussie golden lover!

I have 2 goldens, Jessie who's 3, and Shadow who's 1. I love them dearly! They give me so much love, and want so little in return.

Sounds like Lovey needs some basic obedience lessons. Shadow is the same in that he often takes off, usually next door where the cows are, and he won't come when called. I know how frustrating it is.

In your case, having Lovey run across the road could have tragic consequences.

I'd definitely look into obedience training, and keeping Lovey on leash when outside for the time being.

My Jessie is probably just over my knee when standing on all fours. Shadow on the other hand is very tall, with long legs, and if standing on his hind legs, he is almost as tall as me. Mind you I'm only 5 feet 3!! LOL

Hope to see some pics of your Lovey at some stage.

I too am fairly new to this board, but it's quite friendly, with some wonderful pictures of goldens to ooohh and ahhh over!

Again a warm aussie welcome to you and Lovey2!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Gday Gramma Bergan, I am rather new to GR's but this is what theAustralian National Kennel Council lists as the average size and weight of GR's:
Dogs height at shoulders 22 - 24 ins weight 70 - 80 lbs
Bitches 20 -22 ins weight 60 - 70 lbs
As I said it is the average, so expect variations.
Anyway welcome to the site from another Aussie!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.