Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My name is Emmy, proud fur-mother to my 11 month old Golden Retriever Harley. We currently live in Australia but are relocating to England in September. We are of course taking Harley (our only pet) with us.

I wondered if anyone had experience with international moves and what I can expect. I want it to be as comfortable as possible for her - she will arrive a couple of weeks after us (staying with 'Grandma' - where she has stayed before) so we can have everything ready and not have her caught up in the chaos of moving.

I think as a young dog she hopefully won't be too stressed out. She's a very calm, relaxed and confident pup so I think that will help.

I hope to make some friends here and hear all about your lovely goldens. Harley is my first golden - I've had a Springer Spaniel before but I'm absolutely in love with my GR and hope to have her with me for a long time! (And perhaps when we're settled, another one might join the family!)

:wavey:

Here's Harley:

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Sorry I don't know anything about relocating pups but I just wanted to say hi to beautiful Harley and wish you all the very best of luck with your exciting adventure.

It is a shame that you can't have her in the plane with you, I'm sure that she'd be no trouble :) As far as the change in environment, goldens are quite adaptable as long as they are with people who love and support them. Harley is going to love the cooler weather:)

Let us know how it goes.... not long now!

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,691 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum.

Harley is beautiful!

I have no experience with an International move, what an exciting adventure for you all.
Harley will do fine, Goldens are very adaptable and are happy as long as they are with their family.

Wishing you all the best with your move.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts