Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello. We adopted Scout from the Golden rescue group over a year ago. We live in Anchorage but also in Dillingham which is accessible only by air; so he has become a frequent flyer. He gets to ski across the tundra with us in winter and watch the river flow in front of our cabin in summer. He is a very sweet dog, though it turned out he had thyroid problems,allergies and sometimes tummy issues so he has been a bit of a veterinary challenge!

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!! :wave: Your Scout is to precious. Bless you for being a Angel and adopting. I'm glad that he has found a forever home with you. Enjoy your stay on the forum. You will find that everyone here is super friendly and ready to answer any questions. Jump right in on any chats :p:

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Scout is living a good life - what a rescue success.

Since Scout is another aviator dog, I gotta put in my plug for muttmuffs -our lab will not get in the plane without 'em. Our young goldie knocks 'em off still, and old gold doesn't have a set (he's not legally ours & shouldn't be flying with us - but try & stop the old boy!)

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Welcome from the lower 48! Your life sounds ideal for a lucky golden, so congrats to Scout for landing in such a wonderful home.

·
2,472 Posts
yoohoo! Another Alaskan, how exciting. The Pudden and I live in Nome.
I was in Dillingham last year; very beautiful down there :)
Welcome and post lots of pics.

Did Scout by any chance come from Golden Retriever Rescue from Fairbanks? That's where I got Pudden.

So you skijor, too?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello to Nome and yes, he came from GRRF! We got our first golden as a puppy and he lived almost 15 years-all of it in Dillingham so we wanted another. I had no idea how many of them have allergies and other issues now.
I lived in Nome back in 1975, though its been a few years since I've visited. Scout doesn't skijor-he thinks that is way too much work. I just put a regular harness on and leash to me so my hands are free. How long have you had Pudden?

·
Dog Lover
42,036 Posts
Nushagak

Nushagak

Welcome. So glad you're here.
YOur boy Scout has a dream life. So glad you rescued him!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scout is living a good life - what a rescue success.

Since Scout is another aviator dog, I gotta put in my plug for muttmuffs -our lab will not get in the plane without 'em. Our young goldie knocks 'em off still, and old gold doesn't have a set (he's not legally ours & shouldn't be flying with us - but try & stop the old boy!)
Unfortunately, Scout would probably knock the muffs off and chew them! Our 1st golden flew with me in my Cessna and would have loved them. (He only woke up to look around during turbulence and after landing) But then I couldn't have blamed hearing loss when he sometimes ignored commands..

·
2,472 Posts
I've had the Pud since August 2005. I fostered her for GRRF initially - but of course, I couldn't ever give her up again :) She's the love of my life.

How 'golden' of Scout to think pulling is beneath him :D
The Pud has no such scruples; she pulls like a truck. Well, she's half lab, maybe that's where it comes from :)

·
2,472 Posts

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome and glad we have another person from Alaska join us. Scout is gorgeous and love his coloring. Hope you keep posting and shareing pictures. It sounds like a great and beautiful life you live in Alaska.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts