Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone - so glad I found you guys!! We got our new Golden at Easter and Jessie is now 14 weeks old. We have never owned a Golden - always had Westies until now. But after the loss of Sassy we decided our new member should maybe be a dog the kids could play with more. I think we made the perfect choice!!

We are going through all the normal trials - mouthing -refusing to be walked - and potty training are the hardest right now. But she has learned sit and lay down so were getting there!!

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and sharing our stories and advice!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
WELCOME!!!

It's great to have you here. I also have a 14 week old puppy Callie and I can relate to your problems.:D Especially housebreaking.:eek: You must post some pictures so we can see your baby.:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi, glad you found us :D . Golden retrievers are so great (after you get past that puppy stage!!) my Cooper is always giving my children kisses and loving being part of the family. Sometimes i think i have knew him all my life. I had forgotten about refusing to be walked!! It only lasted a couple of weeks at the most with Cooper. I was also very surprised at how quickly Cooper grew, so take lots of photos now!! Word of advice - hide your socks ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi there Sweetpea, and welcome from another Aussie!

I also have a Jessie Golden!! My Jessie is 3 years old, and she is my boobala! LOL

I also have a male Golden called Shadow. He's just 1 and a real klutz at times, but very lovable all the same!

Jessie is my baby, my golden girl! I love her dearly.

Nice meeting you, and your Jessie!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts