Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all!

Just an introduction and hello from me my new golden baby Miss Molly (as in "Good Golly Miss Molly"). Our little lady was born March 5th, 2012, and we brought her home to Savannah, GA April 28th. Miss Molly is our first golden, and although it's been less than 2 months since she came from her "MeeMaw & PawPaw's"* house, I think I'm hooked! (*This is the affectionate nickname we've given the fantastic couple who breeds sweet, healthy, and much loved goldens on their picturesque country property near Athens, GA. - AKC Golden Retriever Puppies for Sale Georgia) We've already created countless memories (and taken a BUNCH of pictures), and we're truly enjoying our pup's sweet & silly antics. Can't wait to watch her grow and become a big girl!

We decided to look for a golden retriever puppy after loosing our beloved 13 year old chocolate lab Miss Sally this past winter. Sally was a integral part of this family from the moment she arrived as a fuzzy, wiggly, blue-eyed puppy. She had significant hip dysplasia from 18 months and was not supposed to make it to 5, let alone 13!! Every day we evaluated her level of comfort to see if we needed to make "the decision," but she wasn't ready to go until well past her expected life span.

When we were ready to get another dog, we decided we wanted something similar to a lab, but didn't want to forever be comparing the new dog to our mental "gold standard" Miss Sally. In truth, we got much more than we could ever imagine with this lovely, sweet, goofy, & intelligent little lady. And I'm sure Sally's milky eyes and white muzzle are smiling down down on us as she clears God's coffee table of drinks, candles, and everything else with one swoop of her fat happy otter tail!! :bigangel:

Anyway, I've already used this forum several times both as a source of information and entertainment. I love everyone's pictures, and plan to upload some of my baby girl for y'all to enjoy as well. I'm kinda new at this whole forum thing, but I think I managed to start a photo album. I also started an online album somewhere else before joining this site. Here's the address:

www.photobucket.com/goodgollymissmollysav

Ok, so I'm kinda rambling, and must go. My feet/slippers are getting delicately mouthed by a bored Molly-girl, and I notice about 3 feet of toilette paper mysteriously poking out of Molly's crate across the room. Hmmm.... Thanks y'all for the great advice and sense of community.

Cassie, Garrett, & Miss Molly
:jamming:

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Miss Molly is beautiful.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Its amazing how our dogs fill out hearts with love and laughs. Molly is amazing she will definally fill your life with happiness. They are just like kids only without the talking back or asking for money or car keys.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,210 Posts
Welcome, your little Molly is just precious. I know you're enjoying your new baby girl.

I'm so sorry for the loss of Sally, what a long good life she had.

·
Registered
15 Posts
welcome

Welcome Miss Molly!
My Finnegan was born April 4th and my Cooper is now aged 7!
Lots of stories to share on this great website!

Karen, Cooper & Finnegan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts