Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone we have an 11month old golden boy called Charlie and its our first ever dog and we absolutely love him! He was born 11th October 2013 in Peterborough and Charlie now lives with us in Essex.

He has so much character and full of life I'm hoping to do agility with him when he turns one.

Charlie loves water and can't keep him out and we are very lucky to have on our doorstep all the lovely countryside walks.

He developed a grass allergy in the summer from the long grass and it cleared up which was by his sheath and armpits.

He now has scabs under his ears and armpits and not sure what has caused this and he scratches but he doesn't go in the long grass now and especially with his ears, so any answers would be great.

Can't believe I only just found this site!!

Will be great to talk to you all

Xx

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,227 Posts
Hi, welcome to you and Charlie.

Glad you've joined us, hope you enjoy it here.

I hope you'll share some pictures of Charlie with us.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Welcome to you and Charlie. :wave: Hope you like it here.

Regarding the scabs--perhaps he's still getting grass exposure in his walks? If he is walking near it...

I'd ask your vet about it though. Ask if it would help to give him an over the counter allergy tablet such as Claritin or Benadryl. I give my Tucker a Claritin generic every morning because he tends to chew on his feet--I'm thinking grass allergy also but have not tested for it.

Would love those pictures of your boy. :)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Welcome to you and Charlie, we love photos here! ;) I am assuming you are in UK, if so please join us on the UK board too..under 'communities' on the bar near the top of the page and then 'social groups'. We are a friendly bunch and advise will be country appropriate re practices, products, meds etc.
I am owned by Chester aged three who has numerous allergies. He has Piriton twice daily and various other meds. I would definitively speak to your vet again, allergies have been particularly bad this year and just being outdoors can be enough to trigger issues. Wishing him better soon :)

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Charlie

:D:DYour Charlie boy is beautiful!
Yes, have the vet check him out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts