Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'll admit straight off that I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to register. :wave:

Up until October 4, of this year, I was the proud provider for two golden retrievers and two border collies. We lost our dear, sweet Bailey to chronic lymphocytic leukemia on October 4. Two weeks later, our other golden, Cashus (otherwise known as "Big Papa") was diagnosed with spindle cell carcinoma in his paw and just recently had a toe amputated..

Needless to say, the past few months have been a struggle for us and I've found great comfort from many of the posts, photos and stories found on this forum, so thank you for opening up and sharing.

We also recently acquired another pup - we weren't planning on adopting and honestly our hearts weren't ready for it (or so we thought) but she desperately needed a home and we had room. Her youth, energy and innocence has been a nice boost for the boys and our hearts. She's a mix - Flat Coated Retriever/Golden Retriever mix, named Kailey now, as a bow to our golden boy Bailey.

So, from our pack to yours, Happy New Year, and thank you again for all of the wonderful stories, pictures and support that you offer so freely. For at least one lurker, it's been very helpful and comforting!

Our pack:

Cashus a.k.a. "Big Papa"

Luke

Mike

And our latest addition, Kailey (terrible pic, sorry):

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum and so sorry for your loss. I know just how hard it is. Please make yourself at home here on GRF.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Welcome :wave: I'm so sorry for your loss of Bailey and hope Cashus is healing well. Your crew is beautiful.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Hi!! :D What a great looking crew you have. I am so sorry for loss of Bailey but what a grand thing to do to take in Kailey a perfect tribute to your boy.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
My condolences on the passing of Bailey. Hope Big Papa heals ups quickly. Thanks so much for giving Hailey a loving home. Your BC's are beautiful.

·
Javi's Mom
151 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I know what you feel. This october i lost my 14 year old cocker spaniel and best friend Lucky to heart problems :( big hug!

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Welcome! I am sorry to hear about your pup Bailey. Please share more pictures and stories when you feel up to it. Your new addition is beautiful!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

The pictures of your dogs and baby are beautiful.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the kind welcome - I love looking at the pictures of all of your pups! It warms my heart and makes me smile. The thread in the other forum - captions to pictures - had me rolling laughing they were so great! Very creative bunch on this board, and some pretty spectacular photography as well!

Cashus (Big Papa) is having a longer healing/recovery time than I had anticipated, and by judging from what others had posted in a previous thread. Still restricted to short leash walks after 4 weeks. He's getting depressed I think as playing ball and breaking brush is his purpose in life and he hasn't been able to do either for a long time. We'll be back at the Vet for another check this week - hopefully we'll get the "all clear." He's growing weary of bones, kongs and chews. He needs to run and play. Fingers crossed.

Have a great week!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts