Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Hey from a very old member who hasn't been around in awhile

2K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Ivyacres 
#1 ·
Hi All!
I used to be pretty active around here, but fell off the face of the earth for awhile, as far as message boards go. We lost our Taz on January 19th, 2019, to hemangiosarcoma, and almost immediately knew that even though we have 5 other dogs, we could not be golden retriever free for very long. Through our groomer, who does conformation and agility, we were put in touch with Marcy of Ruffwater Golden Retrievers in Pittsburgh, and on March 23, 2020, we brought home our Juneau Grace. She is the first puppy we've had in our house in 16 years, and the first dog we have ever bought from a breeder, after a lifetime of rescue. We couldn't be happier though, as Marcy and her dogs are amazing, and I would highly recommend her to anyone who lives in the area. Anyway, here's a few shots of Miss Juneau over the last year and just wanted to say hi!

See less See more
#6 ·
Beautiful girl. I liked the timeline of photos. Looking back it seems like they grow up about as fast as it took to flip through them. Makes me want a puppy.

Reactions: Taz Monkey
#8 ·
So sorry about Taz. They certainly make a Golden sized place in our lives that begs to be filled. Your baby girl is beautiful, and what a darling puppy she was. Thanks for coming back and sharing her with us.

#15 ·
Hello Juneau Grace from Juneau Alaska!! She is just beautiful.
Jules
That is what she was named after!

Thank you all! I was so hesitant to get a puppy. All of my dogs were adopted as adults and spoiled me with how easy they were, but Juneau surprised us and was a very easy puppy to train, and we absolutely adore her.

Reactions: JulesAK
#14 ·
Welcome back! I remember you - and I'm so sorry about your loss of Taz.

Juneau is beautiful - love the photos of her first year's progression. Shala has that very same long snake toy, a gift from the new kids in her life, so that picture made me smile (though Juneau's has much more fuzz still in it!). Hope Juneau gets as much joy out of it as Shala does.

#16 ·
I have had rescue dogs and most of them were almost a year when we adopted them. Patriot was my first purebred dog as well as my first puppy I got him right when he turned 8 weeks. He is almost a year now (10 months) and he has been a blast from training to cuddling. I hope she does well for you in all areas from health to whatever😊

#17 ·
She is beautiful!! Congratlations!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.