Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, My name is Krystal I am new here and a proud new mommy of a golden retriever female. She is 9 and half weeks old. Her name is Unalii (friend in Cherokee). Just out of curiousity, is 20lbs big for a 9 week old? The vet says she is going to be a big girl when full grown. She has huge paws and was bigger then all her litter mates. She seems to grow a inch everyday!

Here are some pics of her. She is beautiful!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Welcome.

20 lbs. is pretty big for a 9 week old. Maybe you should have named her yona (bear):D.

She is cute as a button and I love her name. Just to make sure I have it right, would the proper pronounciation of her name be oo-nau-lee?

Enjoy the puppy days...they don't last very long. Although sometimes that is a blessing:p:. Be sure to take lots of photos for us.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Your "little" girl is so gorgeous!!!!!! Twenty pounds does sound big .... how much were they feeding her? With goldens we have to be careful they don't grow too fast and hurt their bones/hips. Check with your vet.

Welcome to the forum!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome.

20 lbs. is pretty big for a 9 week old. Maybe you should have named her yona (bear):D.

She is cute as a button and I love her name. Just to make sure I have it right, would the proper pronounciation of her name be oo-nau-lee?

Enjoy the puppy days...they don't last very long. Although sometimes that is a blessing:p:. Be sure to take lots of photos for us.

Hey, yona woulda been good lol! her name is pronounced ooo na lay... its snowing here and shes having a blast, i'll take photos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your "little" girl is so gorgeous!!!!!! Twenty pounds does sound big .... how much were they feeding her? With goldens we have to be careful they don't grow too fast and hurt their bones/hips. Check with your vet.

Welcome to the forum!!!!
Im feeding her the amount the vet told me. vet says shes perfectly healthy, just big!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oh my God! She is so darn cute!!! Loved watching her bounce down the walk in the video and trying to catch the snowflakes and the snow all over her nose...Ok, the whole thing was cute, cute, cute!! :)

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
You are right, she is beautiful!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts